Todd Weaver

Wireless Designer via Microsoft Winbook

Has anyone got wireless designer talking to your Venue (old school) mainframe via USB/ USB HUB for two?

I can't seem to get it to work even after installing the 32the bit driver that is on the lectro website.

My winbook10.1 is running windows8.1. Thanks!

TechsMix   

Hello, what exactly is the problem you are having?  Is it not installing at all?  Are you getting any error messages?  I'm not 100% sure but shouldn't you be using 64 bit drivers?  Have you tried those?

If your old school Venue is a narrow band frame - covers just two blocks - then it will not work with WD.  WD only goes back as far as the wideband Venue which covers 6 blocks.  You can upgrade the Venue narrow band to wideband - it's not cheap but a LOT cheaper than replacing it - and you get a whole new mother board which is basically a new unit in old mechanicals.

codyman   
On 7/13/2016 at 7:56 AM, Gordonmoore1 said:

You can upgrade the Venue narrow band to wideband - it's not cheap but a LOT cheaper than replacing it - and you get a whole new mother board which is basically a new unit in old mechanicals.

I did this a while back and it was worth it.  Believe it was $7xx something but it's nice to have the flexibility of more blocks, being able to use the software, and I already had a channel's XLR poop out on me anyways which would have necessitated major repairs so this solved that issue as well.