Jack Norflus

Denecke SB-4

36 posts in this topic

PS.  I just looked at my Eneloop AAs again and they have a nub on the - terminal.  The EBL AAA don't.  If the Eneloop AAA also have a nub I bet they will work fine.  Live and learn.

I also thought the battery door was oddly difficult to use on the demo unit I saw... Maybe I'm missing something.

My door is difficult to open as well...  I don't mind though, at least it is difficult for those who should not be opening it...

My only tiny issue with the unit is that it takes a series of four different button pushes to turn the unit off. I get that it is a menu item function but does it need to be so many steps to turn off? After a few weeks I have just started to crack the door on the battery compartment open just a hair and it takes a little pressure off the batteries and turns the unit off.  The side benefit is that if I leave the door in this mode it can't power the unit back up in its case during travel which is very easy to do otherwise. It is just a fantastic unit, I just love them, it fits perfectly between the back of the top handle and the antennas on the Arima. 

Being a mini lemo connector hater, I hate this box.  What is wrong with the 1/8" in and BNC out?  Throw in the lemo if you must, but forcing that connector on us just sucks. Otherwise it looks great.

This has nothing to do with my recent lemo connector problems with Devas.

Dan Izen

You can come in or out that Lemo... If I am not mistaken...  so you get two output options .. 

I have never had an issue with a Lemo..  but... who knows...

And...

If by chance I lose or for whatever reason don't bring one (won't happen) I can most likely use one from the DIT or AC... Many times they have a Lemo to Lemo... but they almost for sure won't have a 1/8' to Lemo..

Thanks for the tip but I'm loving the six SB3s I've got!  I hope they will be available for a while...

does anyone know if you can just hook a 5-pin lemo to 5-pin lemo from the tc on a 744t to the lemo on the sb4? According to each of there specs the same pins are in and out which would plug an out to an out and an in to an in. will i have to get a special lemo with those two pin swapped?

The 5 pin to 5 pin cable will work well, and you can jam either one depending on your need.

Important to note that Lemo to Lemo cables can be wired to be uni-directional or bi-directional. An important difference.

I prefer uni-directional so that it's impossible to jam the wrong thing unless you have it flipped the wrong way. Usually they're labeled with an arrow so that it's clear.