Moving to New York from Amsterdam

Dennis Kersten

Dear colleagues,

In two weeks I'll be moving from Amsterdam to New York to live with my girlfriend (wuuhuuu!). I'll keep on recording sound  under a dutch journalist visa. I'll be working for dutch documentaries shot in north or south USA hopefully. I mostly work on documentaries and an occasional commercial or corporate video.

Are there any folks out there who like to grab a coffee and have a chat. I think I'm not looking for jobs as I can only work for any country but USA productions, but more for advice on living and working in New York and nice talks. And it's always good to know some colleagues in the city to pass jobs to and ask for advice.  

All the best,

Dennis 

Hi Dennis, welcome in advance to the jungle that is NYC. Please PM me your email and phone number. There are a number of sound mixers in NYC who meet regularly and I would like to extend an invite to you next time we get together. It would be a great way to meet new people, all of whom happen to be mixers!

Cheers.