TA3 (or 5) F right angle connectors that don't suck?

Philip Perkins

Can anyone suggest an off-the-shelf right angle (adjustable) TA3F field-serviceable connector that doesn't require an endoscope and a mechanical engineering degree to deploy?  Have tried two versions from Usual Suspects, very expensive per each, hated them, to big too fragile too fussy.  This is for a bespoke setup so I need to solder them myself (re a Kortwich commission).  Is the only solution to hack up straight connectors and epoxy them up?  I'd like something that I could change the cable-exit angle on in the future, as well as repair if they get damaged. thx

• 2 weeks later...

Not RA body BNC. It may be a machine tool or a similar device. Use for connecting tubing. 10 mm in diameter (M10), very cheap, I bought in China, only need about $0.3.Ta3 or TA5 can be installed directly. But there is a problem, there are little, may need to drill, the inside of the hole enlargement point.

)2N@B99STM2{{ZL}S$N`D}O.jpg

On September 6, 2016 at 3:33 PM, joy said:

Not RA body BNC. It may be a machine tool or a similar device. Use for connecting tubing. 10 mm in diameter (M10), very cheap, I bought in China, only need about $0.3.Ta3 or TA5 can be installed directly. But there is a problem, there are little, may need to drill, the inside of the hole enlargement point.

I like this idea! 

On 9/6/2016 at 3:33 PM, joy said:

Where did you order these from? they look great

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jack Norflus said:

I saw these the other day and they don't suck.

http://www.cabletechniques.com/lopro-xlr-mini-xlr

they look very similar (the same?) as the ambient ones mentioned earlier on. no experience with them though, I still think that Kortwich makes the slickest right angle TA3 and XLR connectors (they are pre soldered though)