SD 744t Rec/Stop Malfunction

josephboyle

Hey Everyone,

I just picked up a used 744t and when I was doing initial testing, the Rec button only functions some of the time (maybe 1 out of 20 or 30 presses, but it's not consistent), and this happens randomly after I haven't changed any settings. Also, once it actually starts recording, the Stop button won't function at all. I tried some of the menu shortcuts that involve the Stop button (Input Selection, Flashlight mode, etc.) and none of those worked either.

This was my setup after resetting to factory settings: microphone in input 1, phantom power on, input routing was 1>A,B, I tried writing to both the INDD and CF independently and together and also verified that the CF card was working in another recorder. I also tested the exact same setup on my 702t and it worked fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? It sounds like it is time to send it to Sound Devices for repair, but maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks!