Zaxcom Nomad Aes-42 won't turn on Help

MartinTheMixer

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 9:52 AM, John Blankenship said:

In INPUT CONFIGURE what is your INPUT TYPE set on?  See page 34 in the manual.

John, any more guesses? Anything? Like the moon was not in phase? I will take any guess that might have a flicker of a chance of working. I don't want to send it back. Thank you, Martin 

John, yes. Thank you. I did it once, but I thought about how I had nomad 10 primary and mirror cards in it. So, I grabbed 2 more cards, formatted them in Nomad 12, then, reset factory settings. And nothing. But thank you for trying. I tried monkeying with the settings under phantom power, the auto kill, etc. Nothing. 

According to Howy's notes in the listings in the Zaxcom Forum, 7.77 is the latest official release version.  The ones beyond that are still considered in beta.  If you want the most stable operation always go with a full release version, and one that has been in the pipeline long enough that most of the bugs have been sought out and slaughtered.  If your interests lie more along the lines of enjoying technology's razor edge, grab every new release as it is issued and be on the lookout for new gotchas that you or others may find.  Neither is a right or wrong approach, it's a matter of choice.

As listed in the Zaxcom Forum:

Nomad_7.90.zip (BETA)
Nomad_7.89.zip (BETA)
Nomad_7.81.zip (BETA)
Nomad_7.80.zip (BETA)
Nomad_7.77.zip (release)

8 hours ago, John Blankenship said:

According to Howy's notes in the listings in the Zaxcom Forum, 7.77 is the latest official release version.  The ones beyond that are still considered in beta.  If you want the most stable operation always go with a full release version, and one that has been in the pipeline long enough that most of the bugs have been sought out and slaughtered.  If your interests lie more along the lines of enjoying technology's razor edge, grab every new release as it is issued and be on the lookout for new gotchas that you or others may find.  Neither is a right or wrong approach, it's a matter of choice.

As listed in the Zaxcom Forum:

Nomad_7.90.zip (BETA)
Nomad_7.89.zip (BETA)
Nomad_7.81.zip (BETA)
Nomad_7.80.zip (BETA)
Nomad_7.77.zip (release)

John, ok, thank you. So, the 10 has the same version as the 12. The 10 works with aes, the 12 does not. Do you think that matters? I.e., Do you think a 10 could work with a software version that the 12 does not work with. 

Sincerely, Martin