Zaxcom erx3 rubber knob problem

MartinTheMixer

Glenn, no one notified my office. Well, I mean, If I had an office. Glenn, so are you replacing my knobs with the new ones?

Sincerely, Martin 

11 minutes ago, Wandering Ear said:

Why not get the old knobs?  I personally like the old knobs better than the rubber ones.

Hello, Well, I get nervous about people dropping them. I had a good, but adhd, director leave the erx on his chair, hp still around neck, and bend the HP 1/8 connector. Crazy.

Sincerely, Martin 

11 minutes ago, Jack Norflus said:

The 8 pack which contains all 8 colors (White, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green. Blue and Purple) is Zaxcom part number "ERXKBS"

Just make sure when ordering specify to your dealer that you want the newer harder knobs. 

Jack, thank you, but I don't think I am interested in paying for those knobs a third time.

5 minutes ago, RadoStefanov said:

I use old knobs. Rubber knobs are no good unless glued

Rado, I tried glue after glue. Nothing works, because, mostly due to, the outside diameter of the rubber is larger than the outside diameter of the plastic housing, so when someone pulls it out of there pocket, waist etc, it creates a snag point. I think I am going to make a hybrid aluminum/rubber knob. The rubber would then slide over the metal, much more surface area in which to glue rubber to metal.

Martin