SD 6 series Auto mute output function??

afewmoreyears

I was wondering if anybody else is interested in having the nice folks at Sound Devices implement a function (if feasible) where you may choose an output, say X1, and have it mute the output when you are in stop mode...when you press record, it would automatically pass the audio out the X1 output....

This with my workflow would be a GREAT addition to a wonderful recorder.. 

I know there are "other ways" but this would really be nice.... I dislike using the output pot to kill the send...(I sometimes forget) and I also would rather not have to put a mic on my boom op..

If there IS interest, PLEASE email or let Sound Devices know... They said if it's possible, and they get interest, they may be able to swing it... So.,contact them....

Comments??

Certainly a good idea. I use the X2 pot to feed the comteks and it's an ok work around if I remember to turn it back up. I'd like to have the kill function on the user buttons personally. They light up and it would be easy to see when engaged.  On another note, the wingman app and dongle are great upgrades to the system. Thanks SD

CrewC

Yes, "Auto Mute Output" functionality would be great. Even if it applies to only, say, Output 1. PLEEEASE...

A more sophisticated option: having two different output sources available, like "Input 1" in STOP and "Tracks LR" in REC - similar to the HP source that can switch on PLAY. You could have the boom in the comteks during rehearsal so they don't complain it wasn't working, but they wouldn't hear any lavs. You could even feed music to an input not routed to any recording tracks.

On 9/9/2016 at 8:47 PM, old school said:

Certainly a good idea. I use the X2 pot to feed the comteks and it's an ok work around if I remember to turn it back up. I'd like to have the kill function on the user buttons personally. They light up and it would be easy to see when engaged.  On another note, the wingman app and dongle are great upgrades to the system. Thanks SD

CrewC

Thats funny Crew,  even if the button lights up and jumps up and down, I will probably forget to open it up once in a hundred times... My eyes and auto motor reflex actions sometimes have me in auto pilot...  LOL