AMBIENT ACN 6 series

daniel

Anyone using the ACN system with their 6 series since firmware update 3.1? ACN-ML / ACL204 / ACN-TL?

My understanding is to get all the functionality of the ACN system you'd need boxes on all cameras and recorders(?) - however if you just had 1 box (jammed from the recorder) and used to provide stable TC to (1) camera (like you may use a tentacle-sync) what functionality, from a boxes both ends (full system), is still retained? Eg. If the box is on the camera and my browsing device is in wifi range, can I enter audio metadata (or is it only taking metadata from what it is plugged into)? 

Since firmware v4.00 we can choose a Wingman + Dongle + tentacle sync box (1), costing c. £350. So I'm trying to understand what a single Ambient ACN-TL (c. £580) would give me.  

Lastly since WM-connect is BT and ACN is WIFI and an iphone can do both, can Wingman "talk" to (a camera mounted) ACN device through wifi and still do its BT thing with the recorder?

d