Narcos

Christian Spaeth

Call the manufacturer!

Seriously, I agree. And while we're on Narcos (haven't seen more than ten minutes of the first episode of season 2), could someone also tell someone they don't need the VO to tell us everything we just saw, one more time.

Narcos is very impressive though. At least season 1 was.

Most of the show is in Spanish with subtitles, so most of us won't pay as much attention to the dialogue, but I think I've never watched any show before where almost all the actors are mumbling super low pretty much all the time. To the point where it gets hard to make out whate they're saying in close ups. Must be some kind of disease. Goes for the Spanish speaking actors too, by the way. I do love the show though.

I've been watching this show with my girlfriend and have been having a different kind of problem.  My girlfriend is fluent in Spanish whereas I speak it extremely poorly so she'll laugh/gasp/react to things upon hearing them, whereas I have to read the subtitles so our timing is always never in sync to what's going on!  She also can glance away for a second and still know what's going on whereas I have to focus at all times.

On a sound note, it seems to me that a lot of the original dialogue was used in the series.  On my 5.1 system, I can detect some noise reduction on various scenes (especially since they are outside a lot) but overall it's sounding pretty dang good considering all the crazy locations they shot in!  Lots of unbuttoned, tucked in dress shirts with jeans (hey 1993!) with a lot of chest hair too which must have been a challenge for the sound team so shout out to them!

16 hours ago, codyman said:

I've been watching this show with my girlfriend and have been having a different kind of problem.  My girlfriend is fluent in Spanish whereas I speak it extremely poorly so she'll laugh/gasp/react to things upon hearing them, whereas I have to read the subtitles so our timing is always never in sync to what's going on!  She also can glance away for a second and still know what's going on whereas I have to focus at all times.

On a sound note, it seems to me that a lot of the original dialogue was used in the series.  On my 5.1 system, I can detect some noise reduction on various scenes (especially since they are outside a lot) but overall it's sounding pretty dang good considering all the crazy locations they shot in!  Lots of unbuttoned, tucked in dress shirts with jeans (hey 1993!) with a lot of chest hair too which must have been a challenge for the sound team so shout out to them!

I agree, shout outs to the sound team for having to deal with such a set of extremely low talking mumbling actors. +1 on the audible noise reduction in post, another reason why a lot of the dialogue is not as clear as it could be, I suppose. Dangerous tool. When in post you fall in love with how it can get rid of bg noise so much that you don't realize how it blurs out the edges of your dialogue, making it even harder to understand than before...

• 2 weeks later...