Presidential Debate

Mack

3 hours ago, Marc Wielage said:

And speaking of the big debate, Mr. Trump was apparently not happy with his microphone...

Donald Trump Blames Debate Performance on ‘Defective’ Microphone

http://www.thewrap.com/donald-trump-debate-defective-microphone/

Fairly certain the stream of BS we heard had nothing to do with the microphone.

1 hour ago, Philip Perkins said:

How was it defective?  I didn't hear him drop out, I did hear a somewhat Dugan-y gain sharing thing happen when they talked over each other, but I didn't lose either of them in those scrums....?

I think DT mentioned that it was "defective" because it picked up his breathing, duh. Remember that "stupid mic"in Pensacola last January, DT and mics don't get along.

1 hour ago, Glen Trew said:

He was saying that it seemed to go in and out through the speakers in the auditorium.

My opinion only, but when you listen to the debate you can clearly hear the slap back from the room. There are some artifacts from some sort of expander or auto mixer as mentioned earlier, but you can hear clearly when Donald speaks that the FOH guy was bringing him up to the same level in the house as Hillary. At certain points you can hear the house PA gently coming up in level ( not a gating artifact since) or reducing level, suggesting that the FOH engineer did ride levels as he should. Also important to remember is that the Broadcast A1 was probably in communication with the FOH engneer to alert him when the house sound was interfereing with the Broadcast mix. Anyway, DT's  claim is bogus.

On 9/28/2016 at 2:33 AM, Robert Bluemke said:

Fairly certain the stream of BS we heard had nothing to do with the microphone.

Possibly the stream of BS pouring down into the mic might have broke the mic itself....     they're not designed to handle that level of abuse!

On 9/28/2016 at 4:16 AM, Werner Althaus said:

It was probably a clone of a real american mic, made by the Chinese, put there on purpose and it was defective, tremendously defective.

Nah, I heard it was made in Mexico! :-o 

This from the Commission on Presidential Debates: 

"Sep 30, 2016: Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump's audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall".

Of course, all of us know that it wasn't the microphone, and it probably had something to do with the house sound reinforcement system. But it's a given that when metropolitan property developers explain audio, they sound to us like we sound to them when we explain metropolitan property development.