And the Emmy goes to: Zaxcom!

Jeff Wexler

TELEVISION ACADEMY ANNOUNCES HONOREES FOR THE 68TH ENGINEERING EMMY® AWARDS

Zaxcom is being awarded this year by the Television Academy:

"Zaxcom, widely considered the industry leader in digital wireless technology, has significantly contributed to the advancement of television broadcasting. Its innovative products include the first digital wireless transmission system for microphones and a production tool that married wireless transmission with a recording device located within the actor’s body pack.  Zaxcom will be honored for innovations in digital wireless technology."

Congratulations to Glenn, Howy, Colleen and all the good people at Zaxcom!

• 4 weeks later...

I was so pleased that Glenn Sanders invited me and Donavan Dear to attend the Emmy Awards, it was a really nice event honoring the people and companies that have made significant contributions to our industry with their products and processes. Below I have attached a copy of the write up in the Emmy Awards program. I am so fortunate over the years to have been one of several people to help Glenn and Howy with guidance from the perspective of a working production sound mixer.

zaxcom-emmy-2016.3.jpg

Glenn-Howy-Emmy-2016.jpg

Howy & Glenn

• 1 month later...