All Terrain Zuca Bag

Pete D

Not sure if this is news to anyone but me, but apparently Zuca now makes an "All Terrain" version of their bag. Seems like it could be interesting for some mini/super mobile sound cart setups. Plus it's got cup holders

http://www.zuca.com/control/product/~category_id=10210/~s_category_id=10211/~st_category_id=10266/~product_id=12132;jsessionid=3DCA60B3890A7A5F6905FEA741CEDD6E.jvm1#dontmove

I saw that as well, it does look cool!

My only reservation would be its size - I have a regular Zuca Sport bag and I like it, but it's pretty small. I have to do some creative packing to fit everything I need in there. The all-terrain version is even smaller I believe, so I'm doubtful it would have enough room in it for me. 

-Mike

If you are after a mini/super mobile sound cart setup I have just released this... (apologies if against the rules admin!).

The MiniCart is 20" wide compared to the Zuca All Terrain at 22". 

US pricing is TBC but will likely start around $1,000-1,200 mark. Call Pro-Sound NYC to express interest or visit www.facebook.com/SOUNDCART for more details  

P.S. There is also an optional cup holder accessory

IMG_9403.JPG

IMG_9391.JPG

IMG_9360.JPG

IMG_9356.JPG

IMG_9226.JPG

I've been using the All Terrain Zuca for a year now. It kicks ass. Zuca also makes some great, inexpensive add ons that allow for a pretty impressive amount of storage. The saddlebag add is definitely worth the money. For the interior you really need to build some sort of shelf system to access everything quickly and easily. The wheels do come off quickly and the overall stability is really good for the size/weight. 

8 hours ago, Jason A said:

I've been using the All Terrain Zuca for a year now. It kicks ass. Zuca also makes some great, inexpensive add ons that allow for a pretty impressive amount of storage. The saddlebag add is definitely worth the money. For the interior you really need to build some sort of shelf system to access everything quickly and easily. The wheels do come off quickly and the overall stability is really good for the size/weight. 

Good to know about the saddle bags, I hadn't seen those before. Have you augmented your bag in any way besides the saddle bags (like adding a raised shelf/work surface)? Or are you mostly using it as a run around bag in place of a duffle/backpack/pelican?

On 03/10/2016 at 6:42 AM, fieldmixer said:

i cant tell, are those wheels easily removable?

Thats a very nice cart Matt.

The standard cart attaches the wheels by M12 hex bolts however there isn't any reason why you couldn't use an adjustable clamping lever such as http://www.boneham.co.uk/shop/product/adjustable_clamping_lever_straight_handle or Eye bolt for example. 

With the base being removeable and shelves foldable it fits in a mid-sized car boot. 

On October 4, 2016 at 7:02 AM, Pete D said:

Good to know about the saddle bags, I hadn't seen those before. Have you augmented your bag in any way besides the saddle bags (like adding a raised shelf/work surface)? Or are you mostly using it as a run around bag in place of a duffle/backpack/pelican?

Mainly factory add ons at this point but I will be building custom shelves soon. I have a lengthy feature shooting in the rainforest early next year and I plan on using this cart due to mobility. I mounted some boom clamps, but no need for cups since it comes with 2 perfectly sized/placed cups on the back. It's uncanny.

I looked the the Zuca web site and saw that they make a wider handle for some models.
I emailed to enquire if that handle could be fitted to an All-Terrain but the answer was no.
But the idea is being suggested to their design team!
mike

Thats interesting indeed. Mike, If you continue back and forths with them, an ultra light aluminum shelf frame in the main compartment would be worth mentioning. Id buy that.

I quite agree but I thought of buying two plastic bins to do that job??

mike

14 hours ago, Matthew Sonnenfeld said:

I also love my Zuca All Terrain with saddle bags. Very convenient an removable wheels make easy storage.

Hey Matthew post some pix please

mike