I have gotten ripped off by a JWSOUND member

MartinTheMixer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least explain what happened...   did you contact them?  did you try to rectify the situation?  Was it a gear sale or a gear purchase?  Was the item not what you expected? Maybe explain a bit and see if it can be made right..  You don't have to name names...  Hard to provide a useful suggestion with so little information..

Al,  I am out over a $1000. I bought something, it was broken. The person selling it knew it was broken. I sent it back. They are doing nothing.  Another of the members on this site bought the same model number, and it had to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair. So, I paid over $1000. , they now have the broken product and I am out over $1000., not to mention,  I was buying it because I need it. Now I still need it and I don't have the money to buy it from somebody who is not a crook. Oh, yes that's why I "feel" like I was ripped off. You can private message me, and I'll be happy to tell you who, so you won't get ripped off.

Martin

5 minutes ago, afewmoreyears said:

At least explain what happened...   did you contact them?  did you try to rectify the situation?  Was it a gear sale or a gear purchase?  Was the item not what you expected? Maybe explain a bit and see if it can be made right..  You don't have to name names...  Hard to provide a useful suggestion with so little information..

More. Did I contact him? Of course I did, we've had about 20 exchanges back and forth on the messaging system. This isn't somebody who made a mistake, this is somebody who cheated me. You can see the reply I put above. This is somebody who knowingly sold a broken product and I contacted him  about 30 minutes after I got it. I sent it back to him and now I have nothing.

Here is the ONLY statement I want to allow in this thread: "You can private message me" --- please, anyone interested in following this, do it privately amongst yourselves, utilizing any method you choose (Personal Message system on this site is allowed but not encouraged for this sort of thing). I have made it very clear many, many times, I do not like the Want To Buy - Want To Sell section on this site and I have very little tolerance for these sorts of disputes. Done.

Jeff, I don't understand that. Are you saying you only want people to say to private message me to find out who did this? Or are you saying you don't want people to private message me? I'm confused about that statement.

Thank you, Martin 

Jeff, In a follow-up question. Do you care if I post this information somewhere other than jwsound? 

Public shame may be the only thing that fixes the problem with this crook. I have had other members agree with me this may be the only route for me to get my money back.

Thank you, Martin 

The section want to buy or sell is INCREDIBLY USEFUL to me and many others... Just saying...

+1
However, I also find this particular thread somewhat useful as this sort of self-policing of the wtb/wts section makes this very valuable. I've had many great experiences buying here, never any bad ones

5 minutes ago, RadoStefanov said:

Martin, I am sorry to hear that!!!

what do you need? I can let you borrow one of mine if I have it.

Rado, Thanks. I appreciate that. I have had to sue somebody before and it sucks and it's depressing. But it's effective. I'm not sure when somebody's in the wrong and they know it why they would ask for such misery. I think too many people bluff about suing. 

Thank you, Martin 

And there is no slight here on Jeff or the site. I'm not making any kind of claim that there's anything wrong with either one. There are just bad people on the planet, some of them are plumbers, doctors, teachers and yes, Sound mixers. I had really good luck buying Michael McQueen's Nomad 12 a few weeks back. I would definitely buy from him again.  But they can't all be that easy to deal with.

Martin

Hey just spoke to him. Take the money back and be done with it. I know him and he is a straight up honest guy. No need for drama.

I just got a transmitter from a guy who I know for a fact has never used lavaliers with it only STA100. The lemo was broken so he offered my money back.

Shit happens.

Misunderstandings happen!

Rado, 

15 minutes ago, RadoStefanov said:

Hey just spoke to him. Take the money back and be done with it. I know him and he is a straight up honest guy. No need for drama.

I just got a transmitter from a guy who I know for a fact has never used lavaliers with it only STA100. The lemo was broken so he offered my money back.

Shit happens.

Misunderstandings happen!

Public humiliation worked. 

7 minutes ago, RadoStefanov said:

if somebody contacts me right now I will vouch for that same seller because I know him personally.

honestly I believe this is a great misunderstanding

If somebody contact me right now I will give him the name of the other jwsoundgroup number that he sold a broken transmitter to in the same week but he sold me mine.

Okay, so I overreacted --- everybody feel free to discuss any aspect of this problematic transaction as you need to. I'll stay out of it. Additionally, have no fear that I will close the WTB - WTS section, it has served many here over the years without trouble and I know it is a section that is very popular with our members.

44 minutes ago, RadoStefanov said:

honestly I believe this is a great misunderstanding

28 minutes ago, Jeff Wexler said:

Okay, so I overreacted --- everybody feel free to discuss any aspect of this problematic transaction as you need to. I'll stay out of it. Additionally, have no fear that I will close the WTB - WTS section, it has served many here over the years without trouble and I know it is a section that is very popular with our members.

Actually I think your first reaction was very good and wise. Staying out of it is the best way to go about such things, as we're professionals here and there are always two sides to every story, so hats off Jeff! And agreed, WTB - WTS is great! (I do enjoy the excitement when things get heated every now and then here at JWS though I have to admit...)

33 minutes ago, MartinTheMixer said:

If somebody contact me right now I will give him the name of the other jwsoundgroup number that he sold a broken transmitter to in the same week but he sold me mine.

that other member just contacted me saying that there was a minor issue with the transmitter that the seller took care of for free. So he is happy with the transaction.

we are all busy mixers and things like that happen.

34 minutes ago, Jeff Wexler said:

Jeff, I don't know that you over reacted. I don't know what I would have said, were I you. If this hadn't gotten resolved, I would have sued the guy, and certainly would have won. What a pain in the neck. Anyone who wants to be in a lawsuit is crazy. 

Thank you, Martin 

8 minutes ago, RadoStefanov said:

that other member just contacted me saying that there was a minor issue with the transmitter that the seller took care of for free. So he is happy with the transaction.

we are all busy mixers and things like that happen.

Ok, well there we go. He sold 2 transmitters in one week, to 2 different people, that needed repair. The verdict is in.

martin,

I am not taking anybody's side.

I know you and the seller is a good friend.

I understand that you are not happy and also know that the seller did not mean to send you a transmitter with gain issues. It sucks that you were not able to use it right away and totally feel for you. But this drama is totally needles and my advice in this case is to call each other and handle it like adults.

10 hours ago, MartinTheMixer said:

Ok, well there we go. He sold 2 transmitters in one week, to 2 different people, that needed repair. The verdict is in.

you are jumping to conclusions.

I sold a transmitter 2 years ago that i checked to be working. A week later the buyer told me that he is getting clicks on dynamics. I took care of it and all was good.

1 hour ago, RadoStefanov said:

martin,

I am not taking anybody's side.

I know you and the seller is a good friend.

I understand that you are not happy and also know that the seller did not mean to send you a transmitter with gain issues. It sucks that you were not able to use it right away and totally feel for you. But this drama is totally needles and my advice in this case is to call each other and handle it like adults.

you are both good dudes and this is the reason I got involved.

you are jumping to conclusions.

I sold a transmitter 2 years ago that i checked to be working. A week later the buyer told me that he is getting clicks on dynamics. I took care of it and all was good.

I am not "jumping to a conclusion". He sold two transmitters in one week that both needed repair. That is a fact. It happened. Does everyone want me to just cut and paste all these messages from the other buyer that bought a bad transmitter and all these messages from the seller? I think that would sure put an end to this, I can just host them off the site and send you a link. Can you can make your own minds up.

I don't have a clue what exactly happened but as a bystander it appears to me that with a little mediation of rado everybody now either has their money back or working equipment, so I'd say well done everybody and hope the WTB WTS section continues to be a great place for trading!