Better Shielding the RG174?

PTA

Does anybody have any thoughts or recommendations on RF cable's for in the bag that would be better shielded than RG 174 but is the same diameter? I'm using RG 174 for cable runs in my bag between my MicPlexer and QRXs, but I think I'm getting a little bit of RF into the cables between my MicPlexer and antennas. I can get my QRXs clean if I put dipoles up on my harness, but I would rather have my antenna set up on my bag wether it is simple whips on the outside or dipoles on the outside, as it makes the bag more mobile. Thanks all!

You might look at RG142U.  Both cables have similar velocity factors, but the major improvement will be in the shielding 100% for the RG142 and only 90% for the 174.  If you are really serious about the RF in your bag check with Pasternack about having some cables made.  Top quality.

Interesting. I will check out that cable material.  I'm curious as to how Pasternak would make a better cable than what I'm already doing. Unless I'm not doing something correctly, it seems like a pretty easy SMA connection, ground to shield and center to pin. 

I was just offering them as a source of cable manufacture.  If you are making your own, then no worries.  They just work with a range of materials and connectors.  For example if you are basically set on a configuration, then a semi-ridgid set of cables would result in minimal loss and no RF bleed.