eela audio

Sprotnik

Hi you all.

I have seen some pieces of gear from an unknown brand for me.

This brand is Eela Audio (http://www.eela.nl)

I think it's a classic brand so I guess it's an old known for many of you but I have never seen it before.

I would like to hear from you about your experience with the devices from this brand and how good (or bad) they are.

Regards!

I have never seen this eela devices before, and in the last two weeks I have seen it a few times.

I have seen some old gear like a EA801 compressor/limiter and a EA-S120 mixer.

I would like to hear the opinion of anyone who has used this brand just to know how good they sound

very expensive... uses to mean pretty good sound :)

it´s wierd not finding info about this products (there´s no mention in any jwsound thread) being an old known brand of devices being used in the profesional field for many years.

anyone using it or who has used it in the past just to hear a user´s first hand opinion?

thanks, malcom.

there´s almost no info in the web about this brand and it´s a little weird cause... if it is a long known and classic brand, why there´s almost no info or comments from users?

the brand continues producing gear.

still wondering if it is low end semi pro gear or very hi end top gear and the sound quality of this devices

the very few comments I have read are about the good sound of the mic´s pres of the mixers, but... compared to ...what?

22 hours ago, Malcolm Davies Amps CAS said:

I used one in the early 70's. The Nagra sat on top of it and the four rotary pots were sloping towards you. Can't remember much more about it apart from this. The only time I used it was on the original production of Ready when you are Mr. McGill.

Malcolm, was that not possibly the Sela?

Jez

5 hours ago, The Immoral Mr Teas said:

Malcolm, was that not possibly the Sela?

Jez

Possibly Jez. It was a very long time ago and at my age I'd be pushed to remember what I had for lunch the day before yesterday. BUT a four channel Eela with a Nagra 3 sat on top seems very real. Apologies if I'm mistaken.

• 1 year later...
On 10/9/2016 at 5:30 PM, nickreich said:

Eela are a current (though apparently long-established) manufacturer of Radio and TV station broadcast gear, from the Netherlands, I think. Similar market to Glensound in the UK. The old four channel mixers that paired with a Nagra were Sela brand AFAIK.

Yes SELA...big rotary pots..had one for years... Used to like it..