Blooper Soap Video

Nick Flowers

Nice stuff, Jay.

Now, this is a real occasion when the tape was left running to record the members of a band called The Troggs. What amuses me are the accents (I believe they hailed from Andover in Hampshire) and the idiotic conversation. Lots and lots of the foulest language, if you are easily offended, move along. No, really: it is pretty inexorable; almost every other word.

And now a very old recording. The back story is that this was recorded in the BBC Club at Broadcasting House with John Snagge* and two others. They are analysing the venerable poem Eskimo Nell and attempting to arrive at an Agreed Text from their combined memories. They treat it in an academic manner, but of course the poem is Very Rude Indeed with all of the words that one would not utter in the presence of the Vicar. I was given the tape for this in the late 1960s.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40718050/John Snagge %26 Jack Hulbert - Eskimo Nell(mono).mp3

*John Snagge was a BBC Announcer, here is a link to him in his more usual role.