Lectro SRc field reports?

jonathan chiles

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I've been getting very harsh interference from walkie talkie radios on my Lectro SRC. Radios are Motorola DTR650 on frequency band 900 MHz. My SRC is block C1.
My bag consisted of:
Sound devices Mixpre10t 
Lectro 411 block 28
Lectro SRa block 29
Lectro SRc block C1
2 Lectro LT tx block 24 (camera sends).
2 way radio was my own, less than 1 meter distance from bag.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you 

Gabi Cunha

Hello guys,

I've been getting very harsh interference from walkie talkie radios on my Lectro SRC. Radios are Motorola DTR650 on frequency band 900 MHz. My SRC is block C1.
My bag consisted of:
Sound devices Mixpre10t 
Lectro 411 block 28
Lectro SRa block 29
Lectro SRc block C1
2 Lectro LT tx block 24 (camera sends).
2 way radio was my own, less than 1 meter distance from bag.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you 

Gabi Cunha

• 3 years later...
On 12/4/2017 at 2:35 AM, Jaymz said:

Had some bizarre issues with my SRC A1 today. SMDWB was the transmitter. Happened at two different locations (15min drive apart). Crew had no walkies. 

I had very poor range, even though the selected frequency had no activity at all. 15ft or more away and I'd get the standard RF hiss/hits. By comparison, I had another talent on a Block 21 SMQV with no issues (on a frequency that WASN'T 100% clear). 

I was also getting these very strange sounding buzzing/whining noises that would get louder around dialogue, doesn't sound like regular RF issues. Example attached. 10DDT03_4.wav

I changed frequency, to another block in fact, didn't solve either issue. I had to pull the SMDWB and switch to a Block 21 SMQV/SRB combo. 

Not sure if the problem is the SRC or the SMDWB, will do more tests tomorrow. 

Reviving this thread, because I've been encountering some issues with my SRc A1 v1.20 and SMDWB's lately.

I was on a job recently where manual scans appeared almost completely clean across the spectrum, but rx #2 was giving me a very similar buzzing noise to the quoted file. I had to swap that lav out entirely for a G3 at the last minute, because a new scan & clean frequency didn't solve the issue.

May be related / not related: sometimes I do smart tune scans and get very bizarre results from the scan for rx1 vs rx2, as if the noise floor went up across the whole spectrum within a matter of seconds. These are in locations where I would expect to see hardly any RF energy at all. I'm unable to reproduce the issue reliably.

I also often have a G3 A or UWP-D11 470 in my bag. Sometimes I use them as an extra receiver, but usually as a hop transmitter, sometimes one of each. Depends on the situation. I thought the issues were caused by using them as a hop transmitter, but as I said, sometimes it's not a problem for the SRc. Nonetheless, I am considering replacing the hop transmitter with a higher band unit and running a coax antenna cable onto my bag strap. Not sure what else I can do.

I will keep trying to narrow down the issue, but in the meantime, I'm curious if anyone else has heard the buzzing/whining sound in the quoted post, or had unreliable scanning performance like the attached photos, and if you've been able to identify the issue.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 1.28.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 1.28.07 AM.png