Working in Nashville

danielzk

Hello out there. My girlfriend and I have been seriously considering moving to Nashville in about a year. We currently live in LA and really want a smaller city with more community and more affordable living. She works in music so Nashville seemed perfect. 

I wanted to reach out to anyone who is working in Nashville to see what and how much work you have out there. I am sure there is plenty between sports coverage, news and CMT in Nashville. I'd love to hear what you are all working on and what the job market for us sound guys is like. I'm visiting in February, I'll be sure to post then again to see if anyone would like to meet up for a beer. Really looking forward to visiting your city and hope I can work with you all soon. 

Dan

AnythingAudioLLC.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Murfreesboro (about 40 minutes south of the Nash), but I work from home and don't really do production sound (I'm with Bubblebee). Steve Grider is another local you could talk with. Also, talk with the folks at Trew Audio in Nashville. They might be able to give you some other contacts and will have a good idea of how much work there is in town. 

We've been here for 2 years. Moved from SoCal. It's one of the best places we've ever lived. No state income tax and your dollar goes a LOT further. 

• 3 months later...

Hello Nashville Sound Mixers!

So my trip has been booked to come check out Nashville and I would love to meet up with some of you to see what its really like to work there. I was hoping some of you would be available Thursday February 16th to meet up for a  drink in the evening. I'd love to get you a beer and talk about work in your city. Please feel free to text me at 323 533 8416 to set up a meeting. Thanks again!

Dan