schoeps accessories and RF

cjh

Hi, when using a zaxcom 742 plug on Tx with my CMC6/Mk41 I get no RF interference, only clean beautiful audio. When I attach a cut1 or knuckle accessory I start to get RF interference...? My cut1, knuckle and mk41 capsule are probably 15 yrs old but work fine in every other respect. Anyone know if the current version of accessories offer improved RF protection?

Thanks,

Chris.

Maybe the connection from CMC to MK is not symmetrical. I know that problem from an old Neumann RSM-191 where the connection between matrix and mic is very vulnerable to RF - almost unusable with digital transmitters or mobile phones around.

But why use Cut1? You have a HPF in your Zaxcom transmitter, so you can save that weight.

1 hour ago, Constantin said:

I don't know the reason for your particular rf problem, but try moving the tx away from the mic.
My SuperCMIT creates a high-pitched whine when the 742 is mounted near the mic, but when we move it down on the boom it disappears

Hi constantin it picks up rf from a good 15 feet away..so the mic is completely useless in a vicinity of a zax tx..pearl are awsre of the problem...richard