DBa Transmitter Announcement

karlw

12 minutes ago, daniel said:

Are these DBa Tx going to work with a (suitably tuneable) D4R?

Or put it another way, will there a bag-able Rx for this system?

The D4R isn't really a "bag receiver" it is a point-to-point system, otherwise known as a hop. The D4 system uses a single carrier to shuttle 2 or 4 channels of audio over a digital wireless link. The DBa is a single-channel "talent" bodypack transmitter. Currently the only compatible receiver is the DR system.

Or put it another way, will there a bag-able Rx for this system?

I don't think there is any way that they would not release a digital receiver sometime in the not too distant future.
Probably a President Trump would need to destroy the planet to keep Lectro from making one. But... I could be wrong.

*sorry for the slight political injection. Please no one turn this any further into a political discussion.
Just ... Please everyone in the US vote tomorrow!

4 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I don't think there is any way that they would not release a digital receiver sometime in the not too distant future.
Probably a President Trump would need to destroy the planet to keep Lectro from making one. But... I could be wrong.

*sorry for the slight political injection. Please no one turn this any further into a political discussion.
Just ... Please everyone in the US vote tomorrow!

+1

An ENG sized digital receiver from Lectro seems inevitable. 

It makes me wonder how long the slot receiver size format will persevere.. though it's original reason for being is no longer that relevant (use in an actual camera slot) the form factor is having a good run in the current generation of wireless gear. With so many great accessories available, mostly from Lectro but now also with the SL-6, that's understandable. 

But from an engineering standpoint it has to be very frustrating to be required to fit every new product into the same sized box. 

Just want to say that if the next gen of Lectro gear needs to break out of the SR form factor that's fine by me. 

18 minutes ago, Derek H said:

But from an engineering standpoint it has to be very frustrating to be required to fit every new product into the same sized box. [ snip]

Several points, some that Derek made.

There's a lot of gear out there that we would like to be compatible with, ours and others.

It's about as good a form factor as any, though cameras are getting smaller.

As an engineer, it is quite relaxing to have the packaging all thought out and even better, proven in the field. We tried square wheels once and decided to be more conservative in the future.

Best, LEF

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 0:25 PM, Constantin said:

Probably a President Trump would need to destroy the planet to keep Lectro from making one. But...

And there you have it - it's all Constantin's fault......................    (fade out with "It's the End of the World as We Know It" playing in the background) 

And there you have it - it's all Constantin's fault......................    (fade out with "It's the End of the World as We Know It" playing in the background) 

Well, he hasn't done it yet, so if you hurry you could release the rx before the end, so we can all perish, holding one of the most awesome pieces of equipment in our hands.

Or something more positive. Sorry, USA and for all of us.