How to get Zaxnet cheap.

mojofunkster

Howdy,

I just invested a ton of money getting 2 QRX200's and 4 TRXLA3.5's. Now I'm realizing that I would need something else to have Zaxnet, which after one shoot, I realized that I needed it. What's the cheapest way to get Zaxnet and approximately how much should it cost (ie IFB100, IFB200)?

Thanks,

SW

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't want to torpedo any sales deals here, but in my opinion, the QRX with IFB board is not really an ideal solution to control your transmitters. Same goes for the IFB100, although it depends on how you can integrate it into your setup.
I had an IFB100 laying about, but I could never properly integrate it into my cart or bag setups. The form factor is simply stupid.
However, I recently aquired an IFB200 and that's a whole other story. Its form factor makes a lot more sense, and I would recommend this over the other options.

If you really know what you want and what you will get, the other options may work for you, too

5 hours ago, Constantin said:

I don't want to torpedo any sales deals here, but in my opinion, the QRX with IFB board is not really an ideal solution to control your transmitters. Same goes for the IFB100, although it depends on how you can integrate it into your setup.
I had an IFB100 laying about, but I could never properly integrate it into my cart or bag setups. The form factor is simply stupid.
However, I recently aquired an IFB200 and that's a whole other story. Its form factor makes a lot more sense, and I would recommend this over the other options.

If you really know what you want and what you will get, the other options may work for you, too

In my opinion qrx with ifb is the best way to control the TXs. When you change freqs or gain on the qrx the TX automatically changes. And if you select zaxnet commands on TC Out it delivers all the other commands that the recorder can do.

In my opinion qrx with ifb is the best way to control the TXs. When you change freqs or gain on the qrx the TX automatically changes. And if you select zaxnet commands on TC Out it delivers all the other commands that the recorder can do.

I don't have a Zaxcom recorder, so in my case, all I can control via the QRX is Rec/Stop and Play. So for me the IFB100/200 are clearly the better options

12 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I don't have a Zaxcom recorder, so in my case, all I can control via the QRX is Rec/Stop and Play. So for me the IFB100/200 are clearly the better options

You don't need a zaxcom recorder with the qrxIFB .You can control everything. Including automatic freqs. The problem with IFB100/200 is selecting different transmitter IDs. With qrxqifb each channel corresponds to the ID of the transmitter.

I wish nomad had the capabilities of qrxIFB and have requested it many times.

You don't need a zaxcom recorder with the qrxIFB .You can control everything. Including automatic freqs. The problem with IFB100/200 is selecting different transmitter IDs. With qrxqifb each channel corresponds to the ID of the transmitter.
I wish nomad had the capabilities of qrxIFB and have requested it many times.

That's true with the ID of each transmitter. In my case, I use one transmitter 95% of the time. One Zaxcom tx that is. If need two, I have them both going to the QRX, so I would need to change IDs here, too, wouldn't I?

The frequency yes, but I can't change the gain - between takes, or whatever. Apart from starting/stopping the recording, that's what I use most.

With the QRXQIFB it's just the A/B button, to change control between 2 Tx, which is a lot more straightforward than the IFB100/200.  Every once in awhile I accidentally change the frequency of a TRX, or am gaining a different Tx than I intended when I'm using my IFB200.  The Tx power of the IFB200 is a lot better though and more workable in real world situations.  I sometimes wish the QRX has two knobs on top, to allow quick gain changes (and more granular than the suppoosedly 1dB steps - sometimes it seems a lot more than that).

The easiest interface is with a Nomad.
It can be done with the qrx with qifb or  ifb100/200.

So he would need to switch from an SD recorder to a Zaxcom recorder? Doesn't sound that cheap.
With the QRXQIFB it's just the A/B button, to change control between 2 Tx

When you put it like that it seems really very logical.
And it is in the manual, as I just found out. And there is also an explanation on how to change gain. I thought it'd be bunched together with the other IFB commands, which it is not, but can still be found easily.
So I guess it's true, the QRX is just as comfortable or more so than the IFB100/200.

So I'll just go and wipe that egg off my face
It's a SD

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think this thread showed (to me) that the easiest way would be to get at least two QRX with IFB board, so you can control and receive up to four transmitters.

I'm not up-to-date with current Zaxcom prices, but the cheapest way might be to get an IFB100/200. The 100 comes up on the used market regularly, the 200 is pretty rare...

10 hours ago, Constantin said:

When you put it like that it seems really very logical.
And it is in the manual, as I just found out. And there is also an explanation on how to change gain. I thought it'd be bunched together with the other IFB commands, which it is not, but can still be found easily.
So I guess it's true, the QRX is just as comfortable or more so than the IFB100/200.

I told you.

And for sound devices recorder one qrxXXXqifb can be connected to non qifb QRXs with a serial cable making all QRX sending zaxnet commands to the QRXxxxqifb. 

+1 on the qrx IFB and serial cabled together with other QRX's (with no IFB), I use this system and can remotely change everything, gain settings, freq etc on all trx. The only thing I can't do is individual Tx sleep mode, its all or none. Saying that I don't think I'm on the latest firmware at the mo. No need for a zax rec either, this set up will work with any rec.

C.