Run Bag for extra TX

KGraham045

I'm currently on a show that is very run and gun. Sometimes we go from 1-8 wires very quickly. I have my stingray bag and am wanting a recommendation on a small run bag or something I can carry extra TX and other small items in. I generally used a backpack meant for camera but that'd be overkill on this one. Thanks

That's what I like about the KT Systems bag system of adding pouches or units as needed with simple clips and Velcro (obviously cabling has to be attached too) - why not create a 'surplus channel' bag with dashboard, cables etc ready with the extra 4 or whatever radio channels in a bag with a similar footprint to your orca and sew on a set of clips and a strip of Velcro to quickly attach / detach as required?

Jez

It seems like the issue is always "something that has to be set down" vs "something attached to the bag", right?  I hate extra weight and bulk on the bag, but often there is no one to hand off an extra bag to or no place to set it down, and then you are running after the talent and might not be coming back to where you left the extra bag.  That number of TX and mics and gak is a lot to deal with, but in those situations where I really can't rely on a separate bag I go with the venerable fanny pack.  Awkward, always, but attached to me without adding weight to the bag....   The Rothco bag is cool--good price too.

I use lens pouches for both extra transmitters and extra lavs. Those can go on either the waist belt of the harness or attach to the drawstring of a parachute bag by clc. The parachute bag is an excellent run bag - lots of sections, top loading.