Maxx Rec Error

KGraham045

I'm on a job doing basic talking head interview setup. Have a newly formatted CF card in my Maxx and was rolling and mirroring... All the sudden I got warning beeps on my headphones and a blinking Rec light... I tried to stop rolling on the Maxx but had to power down. I saw it closed the MARF file on power up... I have my CL900 and TRXs rolling so I'm all good. But it's pretty strange I've never had this happen before...

Very strange...Anyone else ever have this happen? 

I would try reformatting again. And make sure there are no formatting errors when it finishes. I have had my Nomad act strange when a primary card format went slightly wrong. Before I format I always wait on the format screen a couple of seconds for the drive to load up. Then hit format. Hope thats all that is happening here and nothing more serious. 

I'm using version 2.36 and have been using it for months with no issues.

For the past 3 weeks I've been doing a reality series that I was rolling and mirroring 7 tracks for hours at a time 6 days a week and never had an issue...

It was very strange.... I mirrored the file again. And while dumping the files I found that the file was corrupted. Thank god for my backup recordings...

I had one freeze up with 2.36 about a week ago. Not while rolling though. I was in the bus menu setting up some routing when all of a sudden the machine froze and a "WRITE THIS DOWN" error appeared at the bottom of the screen. I emailed Howy, he thinks it's a fluke... 

Always email Howy when weird stuff happens, I usually CC Glenn as well. 

Today I reformatted the card. Rolled all day and my Maxx never gave me any errors. I mirrored the card and when it came time to dump I found out that the wavs on the card were corrupted...

So I used ZaxConvert... I will not use that card again... I'll try tomorrow with different media and see, hopefully it was just a card issue...