VAS

Schoeps MiniCMIT

3 hours ago, Constantin said:

Wait, they bought Cinela? I did not know that. But you like Cinela? Or maybe they are not a monopoly.

Anyway, everyone has their own opinion, and experience, that's fine. Personally, I have not been happy with my Cinela mounts, and I only really like the INV lite, funnily enough.

They bought Lightweave back in the day.

If they buy and destroy Cinela it would be deveststing...

Please let's not give them scarry ideas...

I am really  terrified considering rycote has done it before.

Does cinela now have a mount available for the 4017c with a foam windscreen?  I have not seen anything one their website. 

Please if someone knows what mount is available please provide info on here. 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:38 AM, Simon Davies said:

If you're going to use the MiniCMIT with a Softie, the 12cm Classic-Softie (19/22) & the INV-7 HG MkIII goes well with it. The mount needs to clip partially onto regular XLR, rather than a short version.

Rycote softie is sensitive to the lightest wind.

Bubble Bee layer softies are a lot better...

2 hours ago, Glen Deakin said:

Does cinela now have a mount available for the 4017c with anfoam windscreen?  I have not seen anything one their website. 

Please if someone knows what mount is available please provide info on here. 

Cinela do not adapt and say a mount works for a microphone unless is 100% perfect. it is just the genius mind at work. I tested  6 different cmit5 mounts which had  such a subtle difference

But I use and mount mics that are not authorized all the time.

Sorry I have 4017b.

Go to a sound shop that carries cinela and start trying...

Don't believe the inv-lite was meant to be used with a Softie. I think someone mentioned they did and it worked but don't believe that was the original intention

BAB414   

So which is the definitive mount for the mini cmit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

With a softie???

No, with the indoor foamie. Like Glen said, the INV-Lite mount is meant for indoor only, and not designed to be used with a softie. 

-Mike

Well... after testing the minicmit I decided to stay with my CCM41 / CCM8 for documentry work. I find the Minicmit (the one I tested...) a bit to "sourd" (in french).

Patrick, with apologies, a CCM41/CCM8 dont compare with a MiniCMIT. how you find it sourd or any other way is moot. 

Well I was thinking of having more clear speach when booming from a distance as with the CCM41 and I was surprised that it was less intelligible. My A/B comparative test... I know it sounds weird...

1 hour ago, Patrick Tresch said:

Yes. From 3m distance.

Expeted result indoors. While cmit5 is very good indoors it will never work better then the usual supercardioid and cardiod mics

DanieldH   
On 18.7.2017 at 1:05 AM, cjh said:

I got the rycote inv mount for my mini cmit also, great suspension design but when in use terrible wind noise when swinging making mount unusable. Something to do with the clamp mech affecting the chassis, not sure exactly but works fine in another more standard rycote mount (already pictured in this thread) If you have a mini cmit do not buy the inv mount!

After a week of testing out, I can confirm that the suspension mentioned is highly susceptible to the swoosh when doing larger swings. The unit has a sticker that says  "Inv-lite 21". This effect is much worse than this setup with the standard foam:

This is not a very elegant solution though, as you loose some "shortness".

On 20.7.2017 at 8:02 PM, Constantin said:

I'm surprised you can see how noisy something is. I usually have to listen to things to find out how they sound.
And I disagree with you whole-heartedly. I think it's a great mount, the clamping mechanism is really fast and tight, gripping the mic firmly.
There is no noise coming from the mount per se, but when you do fast and long swings, you do hear a swoosh, but that's true for any mount and usually more due to the foam cover rather than the mount.

What exactly don't you like about it? Other than looking at it, apparently...

That's great, and I love the 4017c, too, but perhaps not very helpful since the guy asked about the MiniCMIT...
I assume you mean the INV lite? All indoor mounts are called INV.
I cannot confirm your findings at all. In fact, with my DPA 4017, this is actually the quietest mount, and I tried at least 4 types

It may be a great mount, depending on the application. It is not on a swinging boom.
My best guess: Its due to the fact, that the turbulences at the lyres are so close to the slot array.

After a week of testing out, I can confirm that the suspension mentioned is highly susceptible to the swoosh when doing larger swings. The unit has a sticker that says  "Inv-lite 21". This effect is much worse than this setup with the standard foam

So that's with the Mini CMIT, right?

just trying to figure out why it's working so well with my DPA4017c. Apart from possible shortcomings of the mount this may also be an issue with the foam. Of those of you who have tried the INV19-lite, which foam or other wind protection did you use?

DanieldH   
39 minutes ago, Constantin said:

So that's with the Mini CMIT, right?

just trying to figure out why it's working so well with my DPA4017c. Apart from possible shortcomings of the mount this may also be an issue with the foam. Of those of you who habe tried the INV19-lite, which foam or other wind protection did you use?

Yes

DanieldH   
2 hours ago, Constantin said:

So what did you put on your mic?

Standard http://www.schoeps.de/en/products/w140 as mentioned in Posts #67 and #91. It works well and as expected on this suspension: http://rycote.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/041118_INV7HG-MKIII-trans.png. It works also well, if you mount the mic to the back of the Inv-lite with the non-angled XLR between the lyres (this brings up other issues though and is just a quick workaround). This is nothing intuitive. My best guess is some aerodynamic oddity with the lyres in combination of the W140. Who knows... Just don't buy/use the Inv-lite21 for a MiniCMIT for a bit fast moving boom operations. Rather try the K-tek thing or an inv6/7 or wait until Cinela comes up with something.

Happy for you though that the inv-lite 19 with the 4017c does not have this issue.