cineli

MiniCMIT in PIANISSIMO

10 posts in this topic

Love the Cinela wind machine wow!

Even the pianissimo is almost too big for the mini.

I would like to see a comparison between CMIT and MiniCMIT in Piano and not in Pianissimo. Maybe MiniCMIT and Piano will do a better job.

12 minutes ago, VAS said:

I would like to see a comparison between CMIT and MiniCMIT in Piano and not in Pianissimo. Maybe MiniCMIT and Piano will do a better job.

I doubt that. A miniCMIT in a piano will be hard to get close to talent without seeing the zeppelin since it will have a lot of dead space.

Dear Derek and VAS,

I think you, both, simply express the very hard compromise everyone has to choose and accept.

Derek: we would love to make a smaller basket, but efficiency may decrease very quickly as the size decrease. Let's see what we will do "smaller" in the future, but this will be another level of performance.

VAS: very good idea to make this comparison. we'll certainly do it in the next measurement session. Anyway, the MiniCMIT may be considered a bit "lost" in the large Piano volume !

We, manufacturers, are completely stressed between size, weight and efficiency !

18 minutes ago, cineli said:

We, manufacturers, are completely stressed between size, weight and efficiency !

and also to ensure testing and comparative testing are done and provided to the customer, so he can make the choice between two close contenders... 

38 minutes ago, VAS said:

Vaselois, the Piano will add a LOT of volume and extra distance - i dont think it is a viable way to work. maybe rarely yes. 

I understand the concept of having ONE windshield for multiple mics - it may help us a lot in terms of price, storage, stowage etc. 

however, maybe it is not the right way to get the best results from a particular mic. 

-vin

1 hour ago, cineli said:

Dear Derek and VAS,

I think you, both, simply express the very hard compromise everyone has to choose and accept.

Derek: we would love to make a smaller basket, but efficiency may decrease very quickly as the size decrease. Let's see what we will do "smaller" in the future, but this will be another level of performance.

VAS: very good idea to make this comparison. we'll certainly do it in the next measurement session. Anyway, the MiniCMIT may be considered a bit "lost" in the large Piano volume !

Thank you for ALL of your wonderful shock mounts and windscreens! I'm thinking the new MiniCIMIT will fit in my original Zephyx windscreen that I have used for years with the short Schoeps. A smaller windscreen of the same design would in fact be a compromise on performance --- this has always been the case. The volume of air and the way this "air" interacts with the capsule is the true magic of the Cinela windscreens. 

2 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

I doubt that. A miniCMIT in a piano will be hard to get close to talent without seeing the zeppelin since it will have a lot of dead space.

I thought it in second time. Agree

2 hours ago, cineli said:

Dear Derek and VAS,

Thanks for answering!

Agree about the extra dead space, but will be more efficiency, I think.

Damn it

I am waiting to see the next innovative product. Maybe a Zephyx update for MiniCMIT will do a better job; don't know.

Vasileios

On November 5, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Jeff Wexler said:

Thank you for ALL of your wonderful shock mounts and windscreens! I'm thinking the new MiniCIMIT will fit in my original Zephyx windscreen that I have used for years with the short Schoeps. A smaller windscreen of the same design would in fact be a compromise on performance --- this has always been the case. The volume of air and the way this "air" interacts with the capsule is the true magic of the Cinela windscreens. 

I'm also a huge fan of my Piano used with a CMIT5U!  Love it!