cineli

MiniCMIT in PIANISSIMO

10 posts in this topic

Love the Cinela wind machine wow!

 

Even the pianissimo is almost too big for the mini.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see a comparison between CMIT and MiniCMIT in Piano and not in Pianissimo. Maybe MiniCMIT and Piano will do a better job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, VAS said:

I would like to see a comparison between CMIT and MiniCMIT in Piano and not in Pianissimo. Maybe MiniCMIT and Piano will do a better job.

I doubt that. A miniCMIT in a piano will be hard to get close to talent without seeing the zeppelin since it will have a lot of dead space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Derek and VAS,

I think you, both, simply express the very hard compromise everyone has to choose and accept.

Derek: we would love to make a smaller basket, but efficiency may decrease very quickly as the size decrease. Let's see what we will do "smaller" in the future, but this will be another level of performance.

VAS: very good idea to make this comparison. we'll certainly do it in the next measurement session. Anyway, the MiniCMIT may be considered a bit "lost" in the large Piano volume !

We, manufacturers, are completely stressed between size, weight and efficiency !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, cineli said:

We, manufacturers, are completely stressed between size, weight and efficiency !

and also to ensure testing and comparative testing are done and provided to the customer, so he can make the choice between two close contenders... 

38 minutes ago, VAS said:

I would like to see a comparison between CMIT and MiniCMIT in Piano and not in Pianissimo. Maybe MiniCMIT and Piano will do a better job.

Vaselois, the Piano will add a LOT of volume and extra distance - i dont think it is a viable way to work. maybe rarely yes. 

I understand the concept of having ONE windshield for multiple mics - it may help us a lot in terms of price, storage, stowage etc. 

however, maybe it is not the right way to get the best results from a particular mic. 

-vin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cineli said:

Dear Derek and VAS,

I think you, both, simply express the very hard compromise everyone has to choose and accept.

Derek: we would love to make a smaller basket, but efficiency may decrease very quickly as the size decrease. Let's see what we will do "smaller" in the future, but this will be another level of performance.

VAS: very good idea to make this comparison. we'll certainly do it in the next measurement session. Anyway, the MiniCMIT may be considered a bit "lost" in the large Piano volume !

We, manufacturers, are completely stressed between size, weight and efficiency !

Thank you for ALL of your wonderful shock mounts and windscreens! I'm thinking the new MiniCIMIT will fit in my original Zephyx windscreen that I have used for years with the short Schoeps. A smaller windscreen of the same design would in fact be a compromise on performance --- this has always been the case. The volume of air and the way this "air" interacts with the capsule is the true magic of the Cinela windscreens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

I doubt that. A miniCMIT in a piano will be hard to get close to talent without seeing the zeppelin since it will have a lot of dead space.

I thought it in second time. Agree

2 hours ago, cineli said:

Dear Derek and VAS,

I think you, both, simply express the very hard compromise everyone has to choose and accept.

Derek: we would love to make a smaller basket, but efficiency may decrease very quickly as the size decrease. Let's see what we will do "smaller" in the future, but this will be another level of performance.

VAS: very good idea to make this comparison. we'll certainly do it in the next measurement session. Anyway, the MiniCMIT may be considered a bit "lost" in the large Piano volume !

We, manufacturers, are completely stressed between size, weight and efficiency !

Thanks for answering!

Agree about the extra dead space, but will be more efficiency, I think.

Damn it

I am waiting to see the next innovative product. Maybe a Zephyx update for MiniCMIT will do a better job; don't know.

Vasileios

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 5, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Jeff Wexler said:

Thank you for ALL of your wonderful shock mounts and windscreens! I'm thinking the new MiniCIMIT will fit in my original Zephyx windscreen that I have used for years with the short Schoeps. A smaller windscreen of the same design would in fact be a compromise on performance --- this has always been the case. The volume of air and the way this "air" interacts with the capsule is the true magic of the Cinela windscreens. 

I'm also a huge fan of my Piano used with a CMIT5U!  Love it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now