New versions of Boom Recorder

takev

I like to roll from the Apple remote. I push 1 button and it pauses Itunes and rolls Boom Recorder. I push it again and we're back to the tunes and Boom Recorder is ready for the next take! OK, maybe it was a bit of a slow night... Wonderful work Take. We've got 5 shooting days left and it has perfomed flawlessly and as expected the analyzer has created quite a bit of interest. The Line Producer was was watching it dance around last night while he said "Birdie Num Nums' into the mic. Remember the movie?! Cheers, Patrick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itunes play through my cart speakers and usually it is the Pretty Department and Stand-ins listening. I try to keep a little distance between me and Video Village. To much tension over there. I like to chill as much as possible. Our Directors were late this morning so I played some Spa Music for the whole crew. We had a good laugh discussing the various types of spas we had seen around the world...I'm sure some others here might have a few stories!

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

I've just released the new version of Boom Recorder.

Everyone already knows about the mixing capability here.

An other change is the ability to paste timecode in other application from a system service. There is a "Services" menu inside most application's main menu, this menu will now have a "SMPTE Timecode" entry, when you select this the timecode is pasted inside a text field. This can be used for example in Text Edit or Pages.

A lot of work has also gone into exposing more of Boom Recorder's functionality through AppleScript, useful when integrating with a studio environment.

Cheers,

Take Vos

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I've just release Boom Recorder 7.22.

Most important change:

Editing of metadata after a recording, this can be done from the sound log window.

You can download the new version of Boom Recorder at:

http://www.vosgames.nl/downloads/

Cheers,

Take Vos

developer of Boom Recorder

• 6 months later...

Joining the Gang,

I have to say... I am new to Boom Recorder and am truly impressed with both Take's accessibility and the amount of on-line community support. This will make my recommendation for purchase very easy. After I "cut my teeth" on it this next week I will undoubtedly have some questions and hopeful some answers to contribute.

It's a reasonably simple shoot (1 shotgun on boom and 2 boundary mics for SFX), but my irrational fears come from my lack of time on a MAC and it's my first experience with the Alesis Multimix 12 Firewire board. Tests at the house have been favorable and problems solved quickly with help from Take. Taking the rig into the field will be exciting.

More later.

Stan