Battery Holders

Matthew Sonnenfeld

What battery holders do you all use for rechargeable AA and AAA?

I was using the cases that came with Powerex but was annoyed at them always popping open in my bag. Switched to Storacell but those are tearing the wrapping on my batteries, especially my AAA but certainly damaging AA. Thought they would be good especially as Lectro uses them but very disappointed. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I sell & use the storacell range here in NZ.

Remember that they are designed primarily for single use batteries. That's why they may strip rechargeables after repeated use.

Also, not all AA/AAA batteries are made to the same diameter, some will shake around a bit. It's the battery, not the caddies fault.

The Storacell type rip the outer sheath off my Powerex Imedions quite badly, as Matthew has noted above.  My solution (for AA) was to file off the nub of plastic that holds the battery in place.  If you are careful, you can find a nice balance between ripping the sheath and being so loose they fall out.    

With the AAA storacell holders, any nub was too much, so I removed it and hold the batteries in place with an elastic band wrapped around the whole container.

I'd move to something like the the Delkin cases mentioned above, but I do like the ability to easily pull a couple batteries out of the Storacell cases with one hand, while running, and then slip the used ones back in - in reverse orientation so I know they've been used.

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

I don't use Powerex batts. I have never had a problem with either the AA or AAA Storacell holders. I use Energizer Lithium AA and AAA as well as the new I Power AA batts. Some 9volt rechargeables do not like to fit in the 9volt version however. 

I find if the retaining nubs do break, that the battery falls out of the holder. I too, reverse the batteries in the holder so I know which battery is dead. 

Email the Storacell people and complain about the ripping. I did that and they sent me a bunch of new ones that are a different plastic. Slightly softer. You might find they rip less.

I really like the Storacell cases and wish they didn't tear up the NiMH batteries with repeat use.

Yeah, I can't keep stripping my batteries. A real shame about Storacell. The Delkin case does look nice and could be worth a try.

Anyone try these before? https://www.amazon.com/CR123A-Blue-Battery-HolderStorage-Cases/dp/B00AZKPVNG/ref=pd_sim_421_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00AZKPVNG&pd_rd_r=MAS0HSQK3KM3EAAP5953&pd_rd_w=Jbyvv&pd_rd_wg=v4TWf&psc=1&refRID=MAS0HSQK3KM3EAAP5953