Zaxcom STA042 AES42 Mic Input Won't Work

MartinTheMixer

2 minutes ago, MartinTheMixer said:

Glen, this is good stuf. I can't find printed anywhere where it says that. I will send Schoeps a message asking that question. I tried counting them but they were coming out too fast to do it by hand and I lost count.

Count for a half second, then multiply by two.

Glen, this is good stuf. I can't find printed anywhere where it says that. I will send Schoeps a message asking that question. I tried counting them but they were coming out too fast to do it by hand and I lost count.
Sincerely, Martin 

It will output the sample rate from the microphone. That's where you need to count

20 hours ago, Glen Deakin said:

So we're you able to get this setup to work or what?

Glen, no. I have power getting to the aes42 mic, but nothing. Is there some setting on the transmitter that I am not getting right? I don't get it. It would have been nice had this not been sold as something you could do with the STA042.

Thank you, Martin 

Is there a digit gain setting on the trx in the menu?  Just a thought. Also just make sure you have sta042 selected. Other then that I can't think of any other menu settings.  Have you tried outputting the schoeps power supply to another device to see if it's actually outputting audio?  Sounds stupid I know but let's try to rule out any possible problems

1 hour ago, Glen Deakin said:

Is there a digit gain setting on the trx in the menu?  Just a thought. Also just make sure you have sta042 selected. Other then that I can't think of any other menu settings.  Have you tried outputting the schoeps power supply to another device to see if it's actually outputting audio?  Sounds stupid I know but let's try to rule out any possible problems

Glen, Nothing sounds stupid at this point. I turned gain all the way up on the 2 adjustments on the transmitter. Hmm, just thought about something. I didn't try cranking the gain up on the mic. I tried selecting sta042 right and sta042 left, whatever that allegedly does. I have not tried outputting from Schoeps power supply into a device. I will have to build an adapter. I might be able to do that today. Thanks for the help. 

Martin