VR audio

Yosuke

Hi, I am a location sound guy for film.

I am very interested in VR audio/recording/post-production and have been researching about it for a while now. I wanted to know what the best place to start. 

Any recommendation for where i can find more information about VR audio?? It is hard to find a good information source(like website dedicated to it or smt) for total noobs like me.

Thank you

On 2016/11/23 at 1:32 AM, Dejan Ceko said:

Nuendo 7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Dejan

12 minutes ago, Jose Frias said:

For post production, look at the Facebook 360 (formerly Two Big Ears) Spatial Audio Workstation, Player and Encoder. It's all free.

Thank you. 

Yes that software seems like a great place to start but they don't seem to have a version for windows? If that's true, do you know similar software? 

16 minutes ago, peruperu0516 said:

Yes that software seems like a great place to start but they don't seem to have a version for windows? If that's true, do you know similar software? 

The FB360 Encoder is now available for windows as well, and I do recommend it for muxing 360 videos along with spatial audio (FB360 .TBE, AmbiX ACN, FuMa, and quad binaural), but yes, the Spatial Workstation is only available for Mac.

There's also Reaper with the Ambisonic Toolkit (ATK), which can be used to create AmbiX ACN audio files to later mux with 360 videos. I think that's all there is for Windows at the moment unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, Jose Frias said:

The FB360 Encoder is now available for windows as well, and I do recommend it for muxing 360 videos along with spatial audio (FB360 .TBE, AmbiX ACN, FuMa, and quad binaural), but yes, the Spatial Workstation is only available for Mac.

There's also Reaper with the Ambisonic Toolkit (ATK), which can be used to create AmbiX ACN audio files to later mux with 360 videos. I think that's all there is for Windows at the moment unfortunately.

thank you again

I hope they'll come out with windows version soon. 

So the Encoder basically is for mixing Ambisonic 360 audio. And workstation does more? Like adding single point sound in 360 space? 

I think i will try Reaper for now. 

8 hours ago, peruperu0516 said:

thank you again

I hope they'll come out with windows version soon. 

So the Encoder basically is for mixing Ambisonic 360 audio. And workstation does more? Like adding single point sound in 360 space? 

I think i will try Reaper for now. 

The workstation is for full spatialization of sound sources, which produces an encoded TBE file. The encoder is strictly for marrying the 360 video with a spatial audio file, whether it's FB360's TBE file, or an ambisonic B-format file (AmbiX or FuMa) or even the quad binaural. What the encoder spits out is what you would upload to Facebook, YouTube, etc.