Waves Broadcast and Production

ProgressiveDrum

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, RX also does automatic round-trips in Nuendo. I love that I can use the same RX algorithms as a clip-based VST process, on a channel insert, and with the Connect passing to the full-on app. You can apply as much or as little tweaking as you think an element requires. Flexibility is a good thing.

Not to derail the thread too much but I do have a question for other RX users. I had RX 3 and really found it not very useful at all. Tasks that apparently worked like magic on the Youtube demos eluded me. When we bought RX 5 advanced I was skeptical but quickly learned that it was doing pretty much what I wanted it to do. I used RX 3 as plug-ins in audio suite and RX 5 as stand-alone. Am I imagining things or is the processing quality of the RX 5 advancedstand alone mode vastly superior to the plug in version?

1 hour ago, Jay Rose said:

IIRC (my studio is temporarily down), RX5 gives you a lot more automatic, learning, and self-configuring options. So depending on which UI you're using, it could very well be that RX5 has better processing... even if the underlying algorithms are similar.

Yeah, I used RX 3 as plug in and use RX5 advanced as standalone (due to the improved workflow) and those automatic, learning and self-configuring options are definitely great but I noticed that in RX 3 spectral repair was not happening for me the way I expected. However, in RX 5 spectral repair works great  and I can get there fast. Hence my suspicion that it could make a difference if I run standalone vs plug in but I haven't tested spectral repair as a plug in yet, had no reason to until this question popped into my head. 

• 3 months later...
22 hours ago, Lachlancampbell said:

For audio restoration, there's nothing as good as RX. But I love my Waves Renaissance EQ and Comps.

There actually is, but its quite a bit more expensive. But to your point, Izotope is closing the gap by leaps and bounds. Partly by buying the tech from the ones ahead of them. Cedar

I bought the waves broadcast bundle before I knew what I was on about... Total waste of money. The only thing I still use out of it is the Rcomp. Definitely don't have a WUP, and won't ever use them again.

RX5 is fantastic. Spectral repair tools, dialog denoiser, and the automated "signal chains" are unbelievably good. The least useful tool IMO is de-reverb.

I received an email from Izotope today announcing that RX 6 is due to be released on 4/20.

====

RX 6 is coming April 20th!

Built on years of extensive research in advanced digital signal processing and machine learning, RX 6 features cutting-edge technologies for post production like lav mic de-rustle, dialogue isolation, and low-end wind rumble removal. It also introduces creative approaches to age-old music recording problems like microphone bleed, sibilance, mouth clicks, and breaths. With version 6, RX advances to the next level of audio repair that once seemed impossible.  

Get a sneak preview of RX 6 and sign up for a Westlake Pro webinar that will be live streamed on April 20th.

====