donate for recount

jrd456

17 hours ago, jrd456 said:

People need to see the strong potential of this democracy turning into a Fascist Regime. Time to wake up [not you Mirror]

17 hours ago, Gerard-NYNY said:

you are incorrect about the usa being a democracy.

the usa is a federal republic and a representative democracy. a democracy and a representative democracy are not the same thing.

11 hours ago, jrd456 said:

talk about rearranging the deck furniture as the Titanic sinks....What.

nobody has changed the basic structure of the government since the u.s. constitution was ratified in 1788.

there seems to be no conspiracy at hand in this election.

maybe the best explanation of what occurred in this election is here:

http://www.edisonresearch.com/hidden-group-won-election-trump-exit-poll-analysis-edison-research/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The House of Rep, the Senate and the executive branch are all extreme right. Trump has too much power--------

Dangerous.

The Republican party has never been this heavy on the extreme right wing. President Eisenhower would be considered a Liberal with statements to beware of the "military industrial complex" and even Nixon with the EPA.

1 hour ago, jrd456 said:

The House of Rep, the Senate and the executive branch are all extreme right. Trump has too much power--------

Dangerous.

The Republican party has never been this heavy on the extreme right wing. President Eisenhower would be considered a Liberal with statements to beware of the "military industrial complex" and even Nixon with the EPA.

Did you say that when the Democrats had both Houses when Obama took office 2009-2011?

Relax, the sky is not falling like Facebook and the Main Stream Media want you to believe. You'll notice very little change in your life except a little more freedom to start up a business.  Oops, I see that you live in Kalifornia. Nope, no extra freedom for you except legalized pot. In fact, you find it even harder to start up a business.

16 hours ago, Mirror said:

Probably the most famous Executive order is when Abraham Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus during the Revolutionary War. 

You back on the sauce boss? Or just typing faster than thinking? Certainly not re reading before posting.

As for this whole topic, I'll take the wait and see as he isn't prez until January. We know D T can talk, we will soon see if he can walk the walk. So far he seems to be filling the swamp with DC insiders and Goldman Sachs vets. It's all conjecture until he does something.

CrewC

1 hour ago, old school said:

You back on the sauce boss? Or just typing faster than thinking? Certainly not re reading before posting.

As for this whole topic, I'll take the wait and see as he isn't prez until January. We know D T can talk, we will soon see if he can walk the walk. So far he seems to be filling the swamp with DC insiders and Goldman Sachs vets. It's all conjecture until he does something.

CrewC

I wish I could blame it on drinking, just typing without thinking again. I saw that mistake earlier and thought I went back and corrected it. Guess I pushed the wrong button to save it.  Thanks for the catch, just went back and fixed it. Probably a few more mistakes in there too. I know there are grammatical mistakes for sure.

You are right - we'll all have to wait and see what kind of POTUS he'll be.

1 hour ago, Mirror said:

.You are right - we'll all have to wait and see what kind of POTUS he'll be.

I wasn't going to comment any further but the "lets wait and see" rationale really bothers me.

BTW, my favorite quote regarding what's going on comes from no other than a reflective, near death "Il Duce" himself "Lust for the irrational is the common thread between all our movements "

1 hour ago, Werner Althaus said:

I wasn't going to comment any further but the "lets wait and see" rationale really bothers me.

What do you suggest? A lynching just in case more safe spaces don't work? Over turn the Constitution?

15171187_1176209342434093_55332190101027

Like it or not, the following is true.

20161126_donald.jpg

5 hours ago, Mirror said:

What do you suggest? A lynching just in case more safe spaces don't work? Over turn the Constitution?

I suggest first and foremost to oppose anyone who's trying to "normalize" the situation in print, TV radio and the internet, it's not normal, it's unprecedented in a bad way.

Then there are many things one might suggest or do, all constitutional, btw. Jill Stein is pursuing a recount and people are supporting the effort, all perfectly legal. Members of the electoral college could be persuaded to become "faithless electors", others suggest entire laundry lists on how to resist legally, Michael Moore and Robert Reich come to mind. I almost lost it a few days ago when Mark Shields on the PBS Newshour suggested that Dems should not adopt the Republican strategy of total obstructionism from back in 2009, it didn't work.......say what??? It worked perfectly for their twisted agenda, and it's exactly what Dems need to do, grow a set and start fighting.

And since you mentioned the constitution, I'd suggest that anyone who took an oath to defend the constitution of the United States in any way take a hard look at what that means here and now.  Does that answer your question?

11 hours ago, Werner Althaus said:

I suggest first and foremost to oppose anyone who's trying to "normalize" the situation in print, TV radio and the internet, it's not normal, it's unprecedented in a bad way.

Then there are many things one might suggest or do, all constitutional, btw. Jill Stein is pursuing a recount and people are supporting the effort, all perfectly legal. Members of the electoral college could be persuaded to become "faithless electors", others suggest entire laundry lists on how to resist legally, Michael Moore and Robert Reich come to mind. I almost lost it a few days ago when Mark Shields on the PBS Newshour suggested that Dems should not adopt the Republican strategy of total obstructionism from back in 2009, it didn't work.......say what??? It worked perfectly for their twisted agenda, and it's exactly what Dems need to do, grow a set and start fighting.

And since you mentioned the constitution, I'd suggest that anyone who took an oath to defend the constitution of the United States in any way take a hard look at what that means here and now.  Does that answer your question?

I could go through your post and pick it apart and we could get into a huge argument. I won't do that but I will make this comment.  You suggest that all Dems should do exactly what you hated the Reps for doing in the last 8 years, obstructionism. That's fine, but don't you find that to be very hypocritical?  What was wrong then you feel to be right now.  You are now becoming the very thing that you despise.

As sad as it seems to you, this is going to happen.  Why not take a grown-up approach to this - let him to get into office and wait for him to do something wrong.  That way you have some ground to stand on, something real to rail against.  Right now you are just pissing in the wind.

You want revolution? You better think long and hard before you throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Don't let this happen to you because it will destroy the "you" that others enjoy:

download.jpg

9 hours ago, Mirror said:

I could go through your post and pick it apart and we could get into a huge argument. I won't do that but I will make this comment.  You suggest that all Dems should do exactly what you hated the Reps for doing in the last 8 years, obstructionism. That's fine, but don't you find that to be very hypocritical?  What was wrong then you feel to be right now.  You are now becoming the very thing that you despise.

As sad as it seems to you, this is going to happen.  Why not take a grown-up approach to this - let him to get into office and wait for him to do something wrong.  That way you have some ground to stand on, something real to rail against.  Right now you are just pissing in the wind.

You want revolution? You better think long and hard before you throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Don't let this happen to you because it will destroy the "you" that others enjoy:

download.jpg

Having followed your diagram i now realise DT is not the president of where i live (although he does seem keen to advise on our ambassadors ; ). Anyway, aren't elected representatives out of government meant to challenge the proposed legislation and governance of those in government - even organising themselves to do so as effectively as possible (because the governing representatives will be organising themselves as well), to not do this would be like a 1 party system eg. communism etc?

• 5 weeks later...

With all the wikileak articles showing how dirty and manipulating Hillary was against Bernie..., threatening emails to many who were supporting bernie.  This from someone who cannot stand trump....  it's no wonder she lost,  she is also horrible IMO, corrupt and dishonest.  Bernie was my first choice.    Hillary and Trump, 2 horrible choices.