DPA 4060 insulation fail

Armin Siegwarth

Has anyone an idea why the insulation opens like in the picture? No special circumstances like heat or cold or physical stress. Just wrapped the cable around tx. Mic very littly used and not old.

I Let it repair at pro Audio store but after one day use same again.

DPA says they have no idea.
I have 5 more (older) DPA 4060 with not such a problem. In fact in 20 years I never had a lav fail like that.

dpa.jpg

This happened to one of my wires because a paranoid cast member was shutting on and off his transmitter, and every time he put it back in his pocket they would have spun the transmitter another 180 degrees (or more).  This continuous torque eventually weathered the rubber to the point of opening.

I have a cable squeezed in the plastic Box that Looks different. Its more like one Point and its obvious physical cause. 

Here it opens in line with no physical Point. More like somebody had a very sharp knife. Even the metal shield looked untouched when i first saw it. 

Only thing done was cable wrapped around tx. Strange it happend two times in a row. 

My guess was a quality Problem with the insulation. 

But dpa said they don't Know....