Sennheiser 6000

Mungo

Will be out around march 

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/2-channel-receiver-live-audio-productions-digital-6000

Transmitters are here

http://de-de.sennheiser.com/news-sennheiser-kuendigt-neue-drahtlosserie-an

All in all it's the 9000 series without the uncompressed HD mode and about 30% cheaper. It will be compatible to the EK 6042 slot receiver.

I already heard the 9000 series transmitters in the 6000's LR mode thought the EK 6042 and was quite impressed by sound quality, especially dynamic range and frequency response. Despite Sony DWX /N the best sounding wireless ever in my opinion (no experience with Zaxcom though).

Negative: You need special rechargeable battery packs for transmitters. Expensive. There will be an AA adapter but normal alkaline batteries only work around 90 minutes with it.

Although I've heard less than complimentary reports of the 6042 (re weight and power usage) I think the fact it is compatible with analogue and digital TX is quite useful. Price wise it's about the same as 2 lectro LR with a much wider switching bandwidth. Does anyone know if the Lectrosonic SSM tx would work with this 6042?

1 minute ago, Derek H said:

You'd have to run it in a Sennheiser 3000/5000 compatibility mode and take the quality hit compared to Lectro's native digital hybrid 400 mode. But yes it would work.

How bad is the "quality hit" when running an SSM tx in a senny mode? And is it worse than running a wisycom RX in a compatible Lectro 400 mode? Or is it the same difference?

It's pretty good but watch out on sibilance. Not great on the "key test" (rattle car keys into the mic). Fine for most dialog.

As far as I know there are no non-Lectrosonics built receivers that have an actual Lectro 400 digital hybrid compatibility mode. Digital Hybrid is Lectro's proprietary technology. If Wisycom has one in the MCR then that's news to me and would raise some questions. 

33 minutes ago, Derek H said:

It's pretty good but watch out on sibilance. Not great on the "key test" (rattle car keys into the mic). Fine for most dialog.

As far as I know there are no non-Lectrosonics built receivers that have an actual Lectro 400 digital hybrid compatibility mode. Digital Hybrid is Lectro's proprietary technology. If Wisycom has one in the MCR then that's news to me and would raise some questions. 

Ok, I mis understood the sales pitch. I thought the MCR42's DSP could 'emulate' other brand compounders, which it can Eg. SEN, SR, EVO, AL mode but nothing specifically for Lectro 400, although I read 'mode 6' might yield not a completely useless outcome.