Reg

6 Pin Lemo Soldering

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but could not find in a search. I'm looking to contruct a female xlr > 6 pin lemo for micron cable. Does anybody know how the hot/cold/shield from the starquad xlr female cable terminates onto the 6 pin lemo (for micron-style connectors). I solder xlr cables very frequently but haven't tried soldering lemo connectors before (I gather they can be very fidgety!) but fancy having a go in some down-time. Any tips much appreciated!

Hi Martin it'll be used primarily as a feed from foh desks (I have inline barrel attenuators), and I could also use the cable to make my dynamic mics "wireless". 6-pin lemo to plug into Micron Explorer 100 TXs

I would suggest putting a piece of paper or foil around the pin your soldering in the 6 pin connector to isolate it to prevent any accidental shorts to other pins.

Six Pin Lemos are fairly easy to solder. You will need a thin tip, a magnifying device will help. best thing to use to isolate a particular pin from the other ones is Kapton tape which can resist heat up to 400 degrees centigrade. 

On 11 December 2016 at 4:38 AM, soundtrane said:

Six Pin Lemos are fairly easy to solder. You will need a thin tip, a magnifying device will help. best thing to use to isolate a particular pin from the other ones is Kapton tape which can resist heat up to 400 degrees centigrade. 

Fairly easy Vin until you get to my age and close up vision starts going!!

Hi Malcolm

I use the visor style of magnifiers for a lot of soldering

Also I use heat shrink on most cable asemblys as it's not going to the moon - lol

Mike