mikeodmark

Rode Blimp 2 Windshield Modification for NT4

Has anyone had luck modifying the new version of the Rode Blimp (with the rycote lyres) to fit the Rode NT4? I'm trying to find a windshield solution that won't cost more than the mic :|  

Based on the pictures, it seems like it should be easy to simply unscrew the current lyres and replace them with the 30mm upgrade sold by Rycote (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/629616-REG/Rycote_042218_042218_30mm_Lyre_Upgrade.html/mode/edu

I'd love to hear if anyone has any other ideas or knows if my solution will work or not. Thanks! 

mike

I don't know if it's relevant to you but I have one older Rode blimp that I replaced the O-ring suspension with Rycote lyres. I can't remember it being particularly difficult, although I did have to put in some spacers for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, jhharvest said:

I don't know if it's relevant to you but I have one older Rode blimp that I replaced the O-ring suspension with Rycote lyres. I can't remember it being particularly difficult, although I did have to put in some spacers for whatever reason.

Thanks for the response. I've found that the older blimp is impossible to find since it's been discontinued, that's why I'm asking specifically about the new version. 

I didn't do it specifically for the NT4, but when I briefly owned the Rode Blimp 2 I was able to just swap the lyres out with replacement Rycote ones pretty easily.