PWS Helical Antenna's in Burbank

FSBELLA

Hey guys,

The Audio Department (818) 566-6526 has the much talked about Helical 8089 antennas in stock.

feel free to come by and demo them. take a walk, (a long walk) take a listen.

they are impressive to say the least.

another great feature for these are, the fact you can use them for your IFB TX (lec.t4) for your boom op & utility.

thanks,

Frank

Hey guys,

The Audio Department (818) 566-6526 has the much talked about Helical 8090 antennas in stock.

feel free to come by and demo them. take a walk, (a long walk) take a listen.

they are impressive to say the least.

another great feature for these are, the fact you can use them for your IFB TX (lec.t4) for your boom op & utility.

thanks,

Frank

How much are these?

Philip Perkins

How much are these?

Philip Perkins

Philip,

the list price if you purchase from pws $499. dealer resale price with us $450.00 per.

there pretty amazing. my buddy has a TV show based around a race track, (it starts real soon) we are going to do a test midweek, at the finish line he will have a Vrf and SD recorder. and we will do a test with 2 helical's and then with just 1- helical and the other side the r-angle antenna. then I (the ginny pig) will walk to the far end of the center track and all around the back side and the back stretch and then back again.(you get the idea of the coverage), using different tx's , 1-smda, 1-mm400, 1-um450 1/4 wt.  I will let you know how it goes.

Later,

Frank

Hey Frank, Where in the heck is The Audio Department located ? are you rentals only or retail also ? Sorry if this has been discussed

already.

KKS

KKS,

Kevin, we are on burbank blv. 3 blks east of hollywood way. between warner bros and the burbank airport.

we primarily rent, and we have a little shop on site as well.

Oh goody --- a PRICE WAR right here on my Group!

JW,

I did not want it to be, I listed it at $450.00 and that is the price point suggested by Pws. we did a great walk test the other day and got 3 blocks (line of sight) and another half a block around the corner, before  I was "winded" and got a little hit.

I am not the one who lowered the price in the first place, merely stating The Audio Department will do the best, to match or beat there price. maybe the other vendors in there respected area's should sale the Helical for $450.00 they are worth every penny and it won't cheapen the product.

and have we mentioned how terrific the PWS antenna is for transmitting, too ??? it is very directional, and offers great range in either mode...

used to send IEM to the artist I mentioned in another thread....

Senator,

we used them with a Lectro T4 the other day and it was great. I know they are used on a ton of reality shows, sporting events and concerts. they are starting to "find" there way on film & tv sets . with production sound mixers being "pushed away"  and setting up there carts further from the set/body pack tx's and some even mixing from there trucks/vans, these Helical antenna's just might be a good option for these particular set ups.

thanks,

Frank

Got to demo the PWS helical's for a job last week and I was very happy with the result. I've been doing all of the Pizza Hut hidden camera ("surprise its pizza hut") commercials which has been a challenge of hiding antennas/anything close to set. On my last day I had them beaming though (2) 10" thick cement walls and had no issues compared to using the regular batwing antennas that worked but were giving me a lot of dropout.  They will defiantly be added to my kit.

Gene