New Zaxcom small transmitter - ZMT

enginufuk

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Matthias Richter said:

Specs on Gotham says up to 5.5 hrs

yeah, in the video Glenn also mentions 5.5h under standard conditions at 50mW (transmitter goes up to 75mW). He says you can get 8-10 hours with power roll.

also worth mentioning that it has an audio-out/TC-out on one of the pins, and that otherwise it has the full feature set of a full size zaxcom transmitter.

1 hour ago, chrismedr said:

also worth mentioning that it has an audio-out/TC-out on one of the pins, and that otherwise it has the full feature set of a full size zaxcom transmitter.

Spoke to Gelnn yesterday about the TC option and he said it will be selectable in menu.

3 hours ago, Jeff Wexler said:

Lemo 3-pin has been the standard for Zaxcom and Sennheiser.

Since I switched to DPA microdot I love 3pin Lemo

7 hours ago, Matthias Richter said:

Specs on Gotham says up to 5.5 hrs

Just make sure that you buy genuine fuji batteries from a reputable source because counterfeit batteries exist. Those batteries will not deliver full run time - with those batteries you may only get 2 or 3 hours.

8 hours ago, Jeff Wexler said:

Lemo 3-pin has been the standard for Zaxcom and Sennheiser.

As well as wisy and the SSM

11 minutes ago, Nate C said:

I'll refrain from making some sort of bad NeverClip joke.

That's rich...  never...  clip --- unfortunately, Zaxcom does have a history of not really providing clips that people like. All of my transmitters have the standard factory wire clip and it has always worked well for me when I have had to use a clip. I have heard from others, though, that the wire clips are really bad. I think we'll have to wait and see as others have suggested for someone else to come up with a clip for this amazing transmitter. They're about the same size so what does Lectro provide for their small transmitter?

They're about the same size so what does Lectro provide for their small transmitter?

They have a metal clip (not wire), that clips onto the battery door. The tx comes with two versions one for antenna up, one for down. If I have to use it, I almost always have to tape it down, but that goes for all other types of clip I have encountered so far

1 minute ago, Jack Norflus said:

I haven't personally seen the clip but it was described to me that the transmitter slips into it. And the same clip can be reversed so that you can have antenna up or antenna down.

For the Zaxcom or Lectro?

8 hours ago, Jeff Wexler said:

That's rich...  never...  clip --- unfortunately, Zaxcom does have a history of not really providing clips that people like. All of my transmitters have the standard factory wire clip and it has always worked well for me when I have had to use a clip. I have heard from others, though, that the wire clips are really bad. I think we'll have to wait and see as others have suggested for someone else to come up with a clip for this amazing transmitter. They're about the same size so what does Lectro provide for their small transmitter?

Once I bent the clip that comes with TRX a little it is useable, a little tight, yes but I've never seen the need for a third party clip. I do put a little tape over the clip, as I do with my Lectro SM clips. Personally I prefer the lower profile of the Zax clips despite their faults. One Zax clip has snapped near where it attaches to the TRX whilst on talent.

6 hours ago, Cloud Wang said:

my only concern is that how well protected the SD card slot is ? is there any chance an accidentally touch would eject the card out ? 

SD cart slot opening is flush and not much room around the card. For now I'm not going to worry about it and keep my eye on the RX's LREC as usual.

At your prompting, I pushed the fleshy part of my thumb then forefinger against the card and couldn't get it to release. I need to push the card in with a fingernail to get it to release. That's good.

18 hours ago, Cloud Wang said:

my only concern is that how well protected the SD card slot is ? is there any chance an accidentally touch would eject the card out ? 

The SD card slot is slightly underneath the surface so you actually have to put a fingernail in to eject it. If you push your hardest with you thumb flat against the surface, it won't eject. At least on my unit.

I was browsing Home Depot the other day and found this Nite Ize belt clip that almost seems like it was made for the ZMT. Fits perfectly and even has a cut out strip that is exactly the width of Joe's Sticky Stuff making it easily mountable to the battery door and also easy to take off if not needed. Here is a link and some photos. It is about as low profile as you can get for a clip  

Nite Ize Total eCLIPse Belt Clip - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HUV8FWW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_1GKLyb0MR7465

clip-side.jpg

clip-back.jpg