Johnny Knoxville gags and wires.

Alan Gerhardt

Just reaching out to anyone who may have been involved in a Johnny Knoxville shoot.

I will be doing a feature with him in March, April, May in Cape Town.

Reading the script I am concerned with water and beer throwing gags and my wireless mics.

Any useful tips will be highly appreciated! 

Thank you.

Yeah, if thats all that happens, your lucky...LOL   Use rented wireless transmitters and mics, make sure they are under productions account and let it all happen...  Have spares ready to go... or,  pass on it...

I have not worked with him but have seen much of his material...  things can get crazy...

my .02

I worked on the Jackass video game....yes, there is a video game...just editing dialogue that was recorded on an ADR stage one guy at a time. Have back up gear.

However, I'd use as much waterproof stuff as possible. It'd be nice if gear didn't just fail in the middle of crazy things happening, right? You can use the Countryman lavs that are waterproof and Lectro waterproof transmitters. My main concern would be connectors getting jacked or lav cables getting cut. 

I worked on Viva la Bam for a while ( a spin off of the Jackass series ), believe it or not I found most of the cast very easy to work with and I can't recall ever having anyone break any of my gear during that period.  Lots of the time we would remove gear from them before they would get in harms way.  Although things appear to be extremely off the cuff, things are, in general, planned out to a great degree. Enjoy your time with them, you will have a smile on your face everyday, I promise you that much. 

• 1 month later...