Lectro SSM B1 Missing/stolen

Johnny Karlsson

Lectrosonics SSM B1, serial # 1626.

Unit went missing in the hands of US Postal Service. It was mailed Dec 23 to go in for service at the Lectro mothership.

It was sent Priority Insured, but the "insured" part is useless. Initial claim and two appeals all denied. Their explanation why: Since there is no initial scan of the label, their tracking system says they never received the package and hence there is no evidence of them ever having it.

Lesson learned - never use USPS to send anything valuable.

If you have a receipt that you paid for insurance on a package, it will have had the weight and address on the receipt. They can't tell you the package was never received by them, unless of course you did this at your home and dropped it off or gave it to a mail carrier. The USPS is great, but you have to go inside if you want a proper receipt. Hope your transmitter shows up :-(

Do you have normal insurance for your gear?

Yes, Robert. All you said there is right. Problem is that I did weigh the package, pay and print the label at home.

I did go to the post office with the intent to go inside to drop it off. However, it was the Friday before Christmas and they closed at 5pm. I got there at 5.05. I was going out of the country for the holidays, so I put the package in the blue collection box 10 feet from their front door. I asked that post office if they have a security camera - "yes, but we are not allowed to film pointing to the outside".