Odd mic noise problem with audio samples

MartinTheMixer

4 hours ago, Wandering Ear said:

It does sound like momentary overloading caused by LF rumble.  The bit of static hiss you are hearing may possibly be the higher noise floor of the 2nd ADC in the Nomad.  It's rare that I can ever hear that in the Nomad, but it used to be i big problem for me in the TRX742.  Howy adjusted the timing a while back which made it much better.

What happens if you replace the Nomad with another non neverclip mixer?

Wandering, I don't have anything that doesn't have never clip. Wouldn't the level of something have to at least attempt to go past zero, for the NC to come into play? 

Sincerely, Martin 

On 2/11/2017 at 0:52 PM, ramallo said:

I never have a humidity problem with any of my 4017, also working in the jungle (With a Nomad)

Ramallo, What do you hear if you take a swipe at the wind with your boom, or, if you take it off boon and swing the mic in the wind , (holding the mic like you are trying to sling something off the mic.)

Sincerely, Martin 

If you're on set, can you plug it into a camera and see if you see the same behavior?  I am both suggesting eliminating a common denominator in your signal chain, and relating to experiences I have had.  I don't know for sure what your issue is, but I can relate to the trouble that loud low frequency sounds can cause.

4 hours ago, Wandering Ear said:

If you're on set, can you plug it into a camera and see if you see the same behavior?  I am both suggesting eliminating a common denominator in your signal chain, and relating to experiences I have had.  I don't know for sure what your issue is, but I can relate to the trouble that loud low frequency sounds can cause.

Wandering, that's a great idea. I would not naturally have thought to plug into camera. Thanks.

Sincerely, Martin 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2017 at 11:35 PM, MartinTheMixer said:

Wandering, I don't have anything that doesn't have never clip. Wouldn't the level of something have to at least attempt to go past zero, for the NC to come into play? 

Sincerely, Martin 

Ramallo, What do you hear if you take a swipe at the wind with your boom, or, if you take it off boon and swing the mic in the wind , (holding the mic like you are trying to sling something off the mic.)

Sincerely, Martin 

This is the B with the low pass filter on (Stock foam windshield)

1 hour ago, ramallo said:

This is the B with the low pass filter on (Stock foam windshield)

Hey Thanks, I have to get to a better listening device, so I can figure it out. My preamp finally died. The new one will be here today. So I am looking forward to hearing the difference. And then I can compare yours to mine.

Sincerely, Martin