Silent wind...

cjh

Looking into building a silent wind machine for a studio shoot and came across these online:

http://www.fantech.com.au/FanRange.aspx?&MountingID=I&RangeID=2024

Anyone tried them? The 315mm version might be good on the end of 10m of ducting? (for when it's not possible to have the larger ext fan ducted thru studio door system).

Regards,

Chris.

If you are wanting a wind effect on talent (not just ventilation) the  sound of the air passing through the duct that will also be an issue...unless your duct is very large.  Enough wind to do something like move long hair or a dress or window curtains would need a very directed outlet.   Do you think this rig can be quieter than a Mole E-fan?

Hard to say re quietness compared to mole e fan, they don't publish dB spec that I can find, thought this one might be better suited to duct use, of say 400mm. That said I have no real user experience of duct wind machines on set so any user reviews would be good. And fart jokes of course, they are always welcome, except in elevators.

C.