nevo

Sound devices SD mute outputs .

70 posts in this topic

Hi

I remember a while ago there being a point bought up about a possible option to have selectable outputs mute when not in record.

I work mainly in the TVC world with up to 20 comteks out on a regular basis.

At the moment I have a inline to TX Switch with flashing LED to let me and crew/talent know that agency client aren't hearing whats happening on the shop floor.(workflow is Tx to camera SDI embedded to Qtake... Tx to comtek

It would be a much better situation for me to have outputs muted as a option with maybe some indicator that that was the case.maybe a shortcut so if you quickly want to unmute for a rehearsal you can

Any one want to weigh in on this.

I have sent a request to Sound Devices

Cheers Ant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We better all KEEP sending the request to SD....  I will again too...

Forgot to write outputs unmute on record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For @$16,000 it should wipe my ass too...

It does... but you're not gonna like it

4 hours ago, afewmoreyears said:

For @$16,000 it should wipe my ass too... ;)

Well Aaton's a French company so I bet it would use a bidet... 

-Mike

Yes, been hoping for a feature update like that for the 788 for some time now.

Steve

Well if everyone who wants the feature requests it via sound devices they may put it in next firmware.... especially as all their competition already have the feature

Been requesting this for several years too

It's on Zooms and Tascams

How about everyone writes to sound devices and requests this as a option and fingers crossed we get it in the next firmware

The key is to get the request to the right person... I have asked techs at SD a few times now... I don't know if they actually relay the info...

The SD Guys used to visit this forum, not sure if they still do..... I'd be happy to setup a petition if there was a show of hands as to who would want this feature

Well that's two of us

Hello, Are you guys simply talking about a switch that would do what potting down all the post fader sends do? For instance, a switch that would do the same as turning 4 faders down if you had 4 tracks being sent to Comteks? 

Martin

Hello, Are you guys simply talking about a switch that would do what potting down all the post fader sends do? For instance, a switch that would do the same as turning 4 faders down if you had 4 tracks being sent to Comteks? 
Martin

Kind of, yes. An automatic switch.

Hello, Someone mentioned automatic with Zaxcom. I'm not sure I know which feature that is. I occasionally turn zaxnet off, if I need a reason to kill the comtek. If I'm using ifb200, just flick the power off, or if using Nomad, go into menu and  either turn off zaxnet or just turn the transmitters off. Curious, what are the other zaxcomers using to turn this off? Maybe I'm just forgetting something here.

Sincerely, Martin 

If implemented, I wish it would be selectable which tracks to auto-mute. For example to keep the boom fader up, or an input (or return?) to play some tunes while cut. Having some sound go to the Comteks at all times will save you from the "I think my Comtek is broken...".

Hello, Someone mentioned automatic with Zaxcom.

That *may* have been a reference to the ass-wipe capabilities of Zaxcom. Not entirely sure, though, but it was posted in that context.
Oh, here is a thought: why don't you read the manual?