Ursa Strap

GNinja

The full URSA line, including the waist and ankle straps, is available from Trew Audio's Canada stores in Vancouver and Toronto. Of course, there is additional expense involved when shipping across the border. At this time, the full URSA line  -- other than the waist and ankle belts -- are available through dealers in the US.

That said, it is not true that "they are not allowed to sell them to dealers in the US". The decision to exclude the waist and ankle straps was made because the US brand of straps, NeoPax, was well established in the US, and it is yet to be determined if the unique features of the more expensive URSA brand of waist and ankle straps would be sufficient to compete with the lower cost straps from the home team.

The decision to offer the URSA thigh straps to the US market was based on the belief that the unique "Gripper" strip that keeps the strap from sliding down the thigh would be enough to overcome the higher price. Evidently, that belief turned out to true for many customers. Even still, keep in mind that the differences between the two designs and materials are enough that many users will want to have both types in their kits. One is sturdier and more substantial, the other is thinner and less apparent under delicate clothing, and each have other different refinements that separate one from the other.

I own and have tried all of the URSA brand belts and believe that the waist and ankle straps are superior to the Neopac brand. The material is lighter, strechier and operates cooler - which I've found that the talent, especially the female talent really appreciates.

Don't get me wrong, Neopac has a great product too. But over the last two years, it seems that all the latest innovations are coming form Europe, Great Britain - URSA Straps, Greensleaves and Bluesleeves. The Piano from Cinela in France.

Why are we not innovating these types of products here first, anymore?

27 minutes ago, RLightstone said:

Why are we not innovating these types of products here first, anymore?

I understand the sentiment, but disagree with the conclusion. URSA straps, as an example, is a refinement of an original US product. Without Neopax there probably wouldn't be any URSA - although to be fair, someone would have come up with something. Straps were being used before either company got started. 

But look at all the great products Sound Guys Solutions make, which Remote Audio make, and so on. All of them great American companies. 

But the bigger picture for me is that it doesn't matter where in the world a company is located. They make products for us, no matter where we are located. We all have the same kind of problems and these companies strive to find a solution. 

4 hours ago, Glen Trew said:

The decision to offer the URSA thigh straps to the US market was based on the belief that the unique "Gripper" strip that keeps the strap from sliding down the thigh would be enough to overcome the higher price. Evidently, that belief turned out to true for many customers. 

In that case, I wonder if it's worth URSA's time and effort to test a waist strap that incorporates some of the special "gripper" material to better differentiate it from the competition like on the thigh and chest straps.

4 hours ago, Constantin said:

I understand the sentiment, but disagree with the conclusion. URSA straps, as an example, is a refinement of an original US product. Without Neopax there probably wouldn't be any URSA - although to be fair, someone would have come up with something. Straps were being used before either company got started. 

But look at all the great products Sound Guys Solutions make, which Remote Audio make, and so on. All of them great American companies. 

But the bigger picture for me is that it doesn't matter where in the world a company is located. They make products for us, no matter where we are located. We all have the same kind of problems and these companies strive to find a solution. 

I used to make some straps long ago that weren't as nice as Neopax or Ursa but I did manage to sell quite a few of them.  Competition and innovation often go hand in hand.  Seeing ways existing products can be improved upon keeps things moving forward for all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my order from Wendy's Broadcast in the U.K. I have to say it was quite painless and quick. After initially inquiring about shipping to the states I emailed back and forth with them about what I wanted to order. I transferred the money to them with Transferwise. I chose the faster shipping and it was here in less than a week. Anyone looking to get URSA straps in the states can buy from dealers out of the country until they become available here locally. Glen stated you can go through Trew Canada and Wendy's Broadcast is also willing. 

Cant wait to use them as the wardrobe on the show I'm doing is super skimpy and tight. Any help I can get will ease my daily pain. 

• 2 months later...

all the actors i have been working with like the URSA Straps best for most parts. They are soft and thin so even the costume department does not complain anymore. And the actors do not start sweating beneath as they did with the neopren or neopax.

There are two situations where actros still prefer the neopax. First is the anklestrap because of the thicker material the neopax does not develop pressurepoints on the actors ankle. Some like that about the neopax. Second is when it is freezing outside and the actors are happy to have a waist belt that keeps them worm, especially the skinny once.

On September 13, 2017 at 11:01 PM, ryanpeds said:

I received my order from Wendy's Broadcast in the U.K. I have to say it was quite painless and quick. After initially inquiring about shipping to the states I emailed back and forth with them about what I wanted to order. I transferred the money to them with Transferwise. I chose the faster shipping and it was here in less than a week. Anyone looking to get URSA straps in the states can buy from dealers out of the country until they become available here locally. Glen stated you can go through Trew Canada and Wendy's Broadcast is also willing. 

Cant wait to use them as the wardrobe on the show I'm doing is super skimpy and tight. Any help I can get will ease my daily pain. 

For those who may not have heard, the complete line of URSA products is now available in the US from the usual dealers.