Location sound earbud recommendations?

mross

I'm struggling to find a reliable pair of ear bud style headphones for monitoring on the job and wondering if you have any recommendations?

I prefer using headphones ( Sony MDR 7506) but I'm looking for pair of ear buds that I can use in situations where I have to wear headgear like a helmet or fur hat in extremely cold conditions that makes using over the ear headphones not fit. 

I've tried the SHURE SE215  but am not a fan of the around the ear bud style of wearing them and found them too be way too isolating for shooting in the field. (can't hear directions and need to be aware of any hazards in doc style shooting)

So if you have any recommendations for ear buds that are reliable, comfortable and not too isolating i would love to hear them, hoping to spend between $100-$300

Cheers, 

I use a pair of Shure earbuds that are very similar ( not sure if it's a 215 but it looks exactly like it) and I like them. I don't find them to be too isolating unless I really jam them in my ear. They don't have the bottom end of the 7506 but you just have to accept that. I generally pull one ear out slightly to let a little ambience in if communication becomes an issue.

Get some custom molded inears by Jerry Harvey. I find universal buds always hurt due to pressure in the ear over time, at least in my experience.  

I got to try some customs and definately sold on the idea especially for wearing sun protection style hats where big headphones won't work.   Plus the Jerry's sound amazing,  i've tried, 64 ears, ultimate ears, westone and to my ears Jerry's were the best by quite a bit.