afewmoreyears

DUGAN for the 633!! Firmware update 4.50!!

Wow... Fantastic ... Dugan for the  6 series (633)  among other enhancements!!  New 4.50 is now out!!!  

BUT, NO mute for output while in STOP...  Sad about that

This is great! I really hope Zaxcom can do an automix update to their Nomad and Maxx line to compete with this. Sound Devices shines in this department. :)

Just installed it on my 633.  Going to test it out today and see how it goes!  This is going to be a godsend for this longterm documentary that I'm on now.

I made a documentary series for ERT. 12 episodes total, we made 11; 1 remain. All of them without Dugan & MixAssist. I will install the firmware for last one. Thank you Sound Devices, but too late for me. Haha

1 minute ago, RPSharman said:

Love SD!! "Oh, by the way, here's a new feature we didn't promise or even tell you about. It's free too. You're welcome."

I wish more technology today was this way rather than the usual "planned obsolescence" / short lifespan.  You have a TWO YEAR old iPhone??? What are you, a neanderthal?

Totally awesome, genuinely did not see this happening so soon, if at all, so feeling very good about SD.

As a 688 and 633 owner I am very pleased with SD. Thanks for this upgrade. I do wish they'd release a wingman update so it works in the horizontal lay out. Can't wait to see what NAB has for us.

CrewC

SD rocks! Can't wait to try it out and hear other mixer's experiences with the software. Did a round table discussion recording over the weekend and wished I had the Dugan feature as it was challenging without. Thank you SD!

Yay!!! A wish has been granted by the Genies of Sound Devices. I didn't expect the current model of 633 to ever receive Automix. I can't wait to test it out.

5 hours ago, old school said:

As a 688 and 633 owner I am very pleased with SD. Thanks for this upgrade. I do wish they'd release a wingman update so it works in the horizontal lay out.

+100

Also part of update-   Very happy about this.  Seems like small thing but it is not  

• High-Pass Filter now returns to last used value when toggled on and off rather than always reset to 150Hz.

12 hours ago, PalmerT said:

This is great! I really hope Zaxcom can do an automix update to their Nomad and Maxx line to compete with this. Sound Devices shines in this department. :)

Not going to happen...

Great Job SD.

As usual...

7 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

But here's the deal, SD: now that we see that you were able to enable Dugan on the 633, how about that 688-style 3 band EQ?  Hmmm?    Yes, we are ingrates.

And how about TRIM on inputs 4 to 6 to +22dB?

On 2/22/2017 at 0:26 PM, old school said:

As a 688 and 633 owner I am very pleased with SD. Thanks for this upgrade. I do wish they'd release a wingman update so it works in the horizontal lay out. Can't wait to see what NAB has for us.

CrewC

Agreed on all points, as well as the high-pass filter recalling last used settings. Thank you Sound Devices.