karlw

Congrats to Peter Grace & the Hacksaw Ridge Sound Team!

karlw   

Congratulations to Kevin O'Connell, Andy Wright, Robert Mackenzie, Peter Grace, and the Hacksaw Ridge team for winning the Academy Award for Best Sound Mixing!

Hacksaw_Ridge_Oscar_Best_Sound_Mixing.jpg

dfisk   

Congrats! I just recently rented this on Blu-Ray. Terrific movie and excellent sound all around. This must have been a heck of a tough shoot. Just like most movies I watch these days, I'm always thinking to myself "How did they handle this scene in terms of audio on production?". 

I was very happy with the overall mix. We could understand all the dialogue and we didn't have to play the "volume roller coaster" game, where the dialogue is really quiet and then all of a sudden THE MUSIC OR SOUND EFFECTS GET REAL LOUD AND YOU WAKE UP THE KIDS. 

karlw   

I got the rest of the production sound team info from IMDB: Shanti Burn and Sue Kerr were the boom ops, Dan Sharp was sound mixing technician, and Tania Payne was sound assistant on this production. Congrats, all!

Mirror   

This award winning documentary on Desmond Doss tells the story without Hollywood-ing it up.  A truly amazing story about an amazingly humble man. How can anyone not be in awe of this guy?  Faith and balls as big as church bells!