DPA 4062 Lectro SMQV issues

Lin Chang

Hi all,

I´ve been reading several posts related to my issue being a 2013 post the closer to shred some light into it. Still I´m not sure what is wrong/what I should do.

I bought a dpa 4062 to be used with my smqv but it came with lemo. I switched (not myself) the connector a ta5 and when used with the smqv I have to bump it up to around 35 /40 for normal speech dialogue. The real issue is that at this level there is a huge amount of hiss, and even though it is a low sens mic I believe it is way too much. I was told a 4k resistor was fitted with the ta5 and from what I´ve read I have understood this is way too much. 

Is this fixable with a lower resistance or is the 4062 not intended for normal speech at all? If so, what would be the recommended ohms on the resistance?

Thanks!

PD: Not really related but is there a way to distinguish 4060s from 4061s and 4062s just by the sight of them?

The 4062 is the xlo sens version. It's meant to be put on a loud instrument, it's not ideal for voices. So yes, you do need to crank up the tx quite a bit.

PD: Not really related but is there a way to distinguish 4060s from 4061s and 4062s just by the sight of them?

Yes, the little labels which contain the serial number are color coded. Red is 4061, white is hi sens (serial also starts with an H) and yellow is 4063. there may be more to it, but that's a part of it