HELP! Amira not seeing TC from ERX

I am sending TC and audio to an ERX2 and ERX3 .  The ERX2 is on an FS7.  THe ERX3 is on an Amira.  Bother cameras hear the audio.  Neither see TC.  If I listen at the ERX I can hear TC.  This is a 25p project.  Need an answer as soon as possible. A phone call also welcome  512-925-6769

Yes, thanks, did all that. But I have the solution on the Amira. Turns out you have to set the time code to regen instead of preset. Then feed it the signal. Seems to be an Amira anomaly. I got a confirmation of that procedure from a friend working with Amiras for the last few weeks. 

Tonight I will have to to investigate the FS7.

P.S.  It is happy with 2 volts out of the EXR. I'll try lower voltage tonight as well. 

42 minutes ago, agarrison said:

Yes, thanks, did all that. But I have the solution on the Amira. Turns out you have to set the time code to regen instead of preset. Then feed it the signal. Seems to be an Amira anomaly. I got a confirmation of that procedure from a friend working with Amiras for the last few weeks. 

Tonight I will have to to investigate the FS7.

P.S.  It is happy with 2 volts out of the EXR. I'll try lower voltage tonight as well. 

2V is norm. I had to use 3v on ARRI mini this one time. Some reds that does not want to take time code like the 3v boost.

Everything worked fine on the FS7.  I can only chalk up the problem to operator error...Maybe I was not reading it properly after being flustered by not seeing TC on the Amira and spending more time than I had trying to run through problem solving with that. We never used the FS7 after that morning but when I checked it that night--yes with the additional back screwed on, yes with TC switch set to IN--it worked perfectly, as expected.  Thanks for the help and advice.

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2017 at 0:38 PM, Philip Perkins said:

I don't think regen vs preset is an anomaly--I think all the Arris work that way?

True and remember to set camera menu for t/code in!

Very few 1st AC';s seem to know or bother !!!!!!!!!!!!

mike

On 3/4/2017 at 3:38 PM, Philip Perkins said:

I don't think regen vs preset is an anomaly--I think all the Arris work that way?

Correct.  Usually the first thing I check when an AC tells me the cam is not receiving TC.  It seems they default to present when powered down for a while, cause I have to set it on almost every job, even when I know it's the same body from the same rental house.