Zaxcom ERX Tone Won't Filter Off

MartinTheMixer

Hello, Who all is having the issue with the ERX no longer filtering out the test tone sent to it for camera use? And, how are you dealing with this? If you have them mounted on camera, and as a comtek, do you just yell out, "Everyone who has a headset on, take it off for a minute." And has anyone figured out how to "fix" this? I guess I could build headsets with 1k filters built in. Those with useless smarmy responses can go smarm on another post.

Sincerely, Martin 

Just now, afewmoreyears said:

I would highly suggest you yell out "Everyone who has a headset on, take it off for a minute."  As loud as you possibly can, that should alert everyone...  Great idea!!

Afew, Yes, Thanks, that was a bit of a joke. Well, I really am considering putting a plug in device that would simply go between whatever someone is wearing, a type of inline 1k filter, and the erx. 

Sincerely, Martin 

24 minutes ago, Patrick Farrell said:

What version firmware are you running? I just tested with 2.11 and it is working. Maybe your notch freq was accidentally changed?

Patrick, Thank you for checking yours, I am not in front of them right now, but I think they are 2.11. Are you turning on the switch that says 1k filter on in the ERX menu? Is that how your blocking it? And can you cycle your 1k switch on and off to see if you can here it and go back and forth to see if you can block and unblock it? Also, what are you using to send tone to the ERX, what device?

Sincerely, Martin 

10 minutes ago, MartinTheMixer said:

Patrick, Thank you for checking yours, I am not in front of them right now, but I think they are 2.11. Are you turning on the switch that says 1k filter on in the ERX menu? Is that how your blocking it? And can you cycle your 1k switch on and off to see if you can here it and go back and forth to see if you can block and unblock it? Also, what are you using to send tone to the ERX, what device?

Sincerely, Martin 

Sending tone from a nomad. Yes, switching the menu setting in the ERX turns the filter on and off as expected.

Patrick,  A couple of things. I just tried it and now it works fine. It works on multiple erx's, so I'm guessing it is a Nomad issue? So it is intermittent, I just don't know if I did anything to cause it working or not working. Also, you mentioned that you are on Nomad v.7.81. I never had a problem in the 7.81 era. Certainly someone would have said something, probably a lot of something, if I had blasted them with tone. Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely, Martin 

22 minutes ago, daniel said:

tone frequency adjust on nomad?

Daniel, Thank you for the input. I don't know whats going on with it. Tuesday it blasted a director, yesterday, it's working fine. I guess I will just test it everytime I hand it to someone. I feel like I might be doing something, I just don't know what I might have started doing, that I didn't do for a long time before that. It might be a combination of something, that would explain why I can't duplicate it now. Obviously when you're in the middle of working you can't say "Hey everybody, let's come to a work stoppage so I can play with my equipment and figure something out." Thank you.

Sincerely, Martin